cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge January 2018

pastedImage_1.png

Happy New Year and January everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events‌ community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

I am honored to be facilitating the Daily Pledge!

When I think of January, I usually think of the New Year, setting new goals, and cold weather.  As it turns out though, there’s a whole lot more to January than just those things!

1. So in effort to shed some light on the coolness that is the month of January, here are a few facts:
    1. January is named after the Roman god Janus, who was always shown as having two heads. He looked back to the last year and forward to the new one.
  2. The Anglo-Saxons called January “Wulfmonath” as it was the month hungry wolves came scavenging at people’s doors.
  3. It’s National Soup Month in the U.S. as well as Slow Cooking Month, Hot Tea Month, Blood Donor Month, Thank You Month, and Bath Safety Month to name just a few.
  4. The only Shakespeare plays that mention January are Much Ado About Nothing and Winter’s Tale.
  5. More couples separate or divorce in January than in any other month.
  6. January 1st is both the furthest away and closest day to December 31st.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
652 Replies
minihorses

Good Morning MIchelleDiane! Thank you for your hand this morning. I pledge with you to not smoke today NMW!! So glad you're here!  Congratulations on having a successful first day w/o smoking.  Each little step is a victory that you should be proud of and shout from the rooftop! 

I am extending my free hand to the next person to take the pledge.

Julie   65 DOF

fabulousat50

Good Morning, Day 2 of my quit, I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next person in line to pledge with us today. Have a great day. Remember N.O.P.E. Helps me daily.

JoAnne

Fabulousat50

Deb-EX

Congratulations JoAnne on Day 2 of your quit I will GLADLY take your hand and pledge not to smoke today NO MATTER WHAT! I extend my free hand to the next person who wants to join in and pledge with us. Happy New Year!

Debbie

51 Days Smoke Free

I will gladly take your hand I am starting on day 1 any tips or suggestions greatly appreciated and I offer my hand to next in line

dwwms

Good Morning Debbie and the new quitters I see this morning as well! Thanks for your hand and I will pledge not to smoke today - I offer my other hand to the next person this COLD (6 degrees here) morning.

Doug - 286 DOF

Twohearts67

Good morning dwwms  and as I hold your hand I pledge not to smoke today WSE, and I extend my free hand to the next EXer in line to come and join in with their pledge.

Roller831

Good Morning Twohearts67‌ and Shadowluv420!  I will gladly take your hands and pledge not to smoke today NMW and EXtend my third free hand to the nEXt person who chooses to pledge the same on this -14* day here in the Chicago area where I am VERY thankful I do not have to go outside to smoke a sickarette today!

Roller 195 DOF

0 Kudos
BaileysGirl

Good morning, Roller:

This is my first day of not smoking in the past three years, so I am happy to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today and extend my free hand to the next person .

Bailey's Girl...working on day one

Roller831

Thanks for taking the pledge Shadowluv420‌ and grabbing onto dwwms's hand.  There is a great thread where many of us provided pages on this website to read which can assist you in your quit.  For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too) .  Please reach out and post a discussion or blog if you need assistance and make sure to put HELP in the title and someone will be sure to assist you as quickly as possible!  Turn this Day One into a Day WON!

0 Kudos
Mon2

Good Morning Baily's Girl, I am happy to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today and extend my free hand to the next person.

Monica 7 dof