cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

The Daily Pledge February 2017

Happy February everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge on the Celebrations & Events page where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

How to pledge: click on the Comment bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end, immediately above you, offer your free hand to the next pledge and you've made your pledge.  

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you, all of you keeping each other strong How cool is that! 

Now for some fun stuff

1. Black History Month 2017
    • begins Wednesday, February 1
      • (today)
    • ends Tuesday, February 28  
      1. Image result for black history monthImage result for black history monthImage result for black history monthImage result for black history month
        Black History Month, also known as African-American History Month in America, is an annual observance in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom for remembrance of important people

Thursday, February 2nd is Groundhog day. Will he see his shadow?

February 13th is Lincoln's Birthday 

February 14th is Valentine's day, Love your Quit!

February 20th President's Day (YAY! Many will get the day off)

Washington's Birthday

February 28th 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
525 Replies
Tcbear

Hi stephan. Thank you for your hand. Day 2 and I'm squeezing it hard right now. But I pledge not to quit on my quit and gladly lend my hand to the next in line

-Teddy

muchangi

Hi Teddy. Thank you for extending your hand. I promise to quit smoking no matter what happens. Am starting my first day and wish to lend my hand to the next person. Let the countdown begin.

-Tony

Tcbear

Hey Tony. Day 2 for me. Stay strong and write anytime for support. Good luck!

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Louis1988

Where id the link that says "go to most recent post" go?  When I'm on the home page, I click on that big blue box that says "The Daily Pledge" and it takes me to a page with "The Daily Pledge for February" and I click on that and it takes me here and at the top of this page, there is no "go to most recent pledge?"  So how in the world do I get to the right page every day?  Anyone, PLEASE HELP!!!!!?!!!!!?     I don't mean to be a pain, so please forgive me if I'm being one. 

susan_m

I have noticed that, too, Louis.  Mark‌... can you help? 

In the meantime, I'm kickin' it old school and scrolling to the bottom, haha.  Hope it works!!  I think you and TC Bear have pledged - you're here, so I am going to assume you did. I take your hand and pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my free hand for the next in line to join us and make the pledge!

Susan, 62 DOF

Image result for kickin it old school

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Louis1988‌ we are working on that. we should be changing pages anytime and it should fix itself. Next month you should see a much more condensed opening page from me. Stay Strong!

Good Morning Ever buddy!

susan_m  I would love to take your hand this morning as I pledge to stay smoke-free this day. I will not smoke! I offer my free hand to the next person that wants to pledge to stay smoke-free!   ~Terrie~  59 days free! Have a great day!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Louis

The link that takes you to the Monthly Daily pledge  discussion is a link for that month.  When there is only one page of comments it will require you to scroll to the bottom.  When it has hit the threshold it will add the latest reply link to the top of the page under title that Terrie has given for that month.  There is no way we can put a link to the latest comment in the post at this time.  

I'd definitely do it if it were possible.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

TerrieQuit‌ that issue with the pagination getting out of order as you saw it in January's pledge shouldn't happen this month.  That was happening just on long migrated discussions. Newly created ones on Jive shouldn't see that.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
susan_m

Scrolling it is... at least for now!  Thanks for the explanation, Mark!

Mortalzeus

Terrie I will take your hand and offer my other hand to the next in line that wants to enjoy another smoke free day! 106 DOF and NML

Darren