cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Take Action in April 2017 with a Daily Pledge to stay Quit

April-Banner-300x111.jpg

Happy April, everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to the top of the page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
480 Replies
Violet_Quit

I will gladly take your hand Mags and pledge to not smoke no matter what and give my free hand to the next in line.

VIOLET AT 198 DOF

wlh

Thanks for your hand Violet.  I pledge with you and all the others not to smoke today.  I give me free hand to the next in person who will also pledge with us today.

Lynne 31 dof

Pops

And April 29th, the earth shifted on it's axis...because the most obstinent, stubborn, onery and mean old biker began this journey in life 65 years ago...I was telling Nancy earlier that if my elders what have known then what they know now...they would have slapped the pee out of my mother for letting such a "devilish" troublemaker loose.

shashort

Hi Lynne congratulations on your 31 DOF way to go. I gladly take your hand to hold and pledge not to smoke today no matter what life throws my way. I offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

Sharon 325 DOF

Imust

Hi Sharon.  After a couple of screw ups over the last couple of weeks, as I again finish my day one , I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke for the rest of my day one.  I offer my free hand to the next in line and we can go into tomorrow smoke free!

shashort

Congratulations Imust‌ for about to have done one won. Hold on tight it may get tough at times but know its doable. NOPE (not one puff ever)

Imust

Thanks shashort. Actually feel pretty good right now. Sitting here with a bag of Sarris (a small family owned chocolate factory in Cannonsburg PA) milk chocolate Easter eggs. They are individually wrapped in foil. I'm justifying it by telling myself I'm keeping my hands busy unwrapping them. Of course then I have to eat them!

shashort

Oh yummy choclate Easter Eggs. Chocolate is a good medicine to keep the hands busy and craves away. YoungAtHeart‌ swears chocolate is the cure all fix for craves,  

YoungAtHeart

I used a frozen Hershey Kiss with my coffee to break that association - and

it WORKED. I have never found a bit of chocolate didn't make most things

better!

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 9:43 PM, shashort <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

freeneasy

Let's get back on the pledge track here! I pledge to not smoke today and extend my hand to the next in line to pledge  Jim  the self-appointed pledge sheriff (: