cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Take Action in April 2017 with a Daily Pledge to stay Quit

April-Banner-300x111.jpg

Happy April, everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to the top of the page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
480 Replies
Yess

Hi Ellen, I take your hand and pledge to stay smoke free today NMW!  I offer my free hand to the next person willing to pledge. Pamela 45 DOF

Magstoyou

Good Morning

I gladly take your hand Pamela and pledge to not smoke for today

and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!

Mags at 1362 DOF

0 Kudos
shashort

Hi Mags gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what.!! I offer my hand to the next in line to pledge.

Sharon 330 DOF

0 Kudos
Giulia

Taking your 45 days of freedom hand Pamela (or Shashort's 330 days of freedom hand) and holding it with my 4057 days of freedom hand and just like you promising not to smoke today. Although I haven't come on here every day to pledge for the past 4057 days, I have kept my pledge to myself. And those days have added up.  To you who take my hand next which I offer - think about the promise you are making here.  It can become a meaningless thing when it becomes rote.  Why are you pledging today as opposed to yesterday?

Keep your pledge alive is my point.

(A little confused here.  I clicked on "latest reply" at the top of the blog and it took me to Pamela's 11:37 am reply (page 6).  But that doesn't appear to be the latest reply.  The last reply seems to be Shashort's at 8:11 pm on page 7  Mark?  The instructions on How to Pledge are not right.)

0 Kudos

I take your hand Giulia as I join in the pledge to not smoke today no matter what and I offer my free hand to the next person to pledge. Maureen

0 Kudos
gregp136

Hello Maureen,  I gladly take your hand as I pledge not to smoke one nasty, stinking,  little puff today no matter what and I eagerly stretch out my other hand to the next exer to make the pledge!

0 Kudos
dwwms

Good Morning, Maureen! Thank you for offering your hand to me as I also pledge that for today, I will not smoke, not a single puff NMW. I will offer my other hand to the nEXt person to join this morning.

Doug - 18 DOF

0 Kudos
dwwms

Okay - somehow you got in there gregp136‌. So I got your hand instead (since you have Maureen's) and we'll go forward from there!

c2q

Thanks for your hand Doug dwwms . Here is mine for the nEXt to pledge with us: I will not smoke today.

c2q: commit to the quit.

Pati

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I gladly take your hand Patti  ( c2q ) and pledge not to smoke no matter what , here's my free hand to the next person in line.

Marilyn 1,000 DOF

0 Kudos