cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

jim_taddeo

PAST-Daily Pledge Feb-16 through Feb-22

DAILY PLEDGE........WELCOME TO YOUR FREEDOM??

Photo Credit: ForestWander

WE HAVE TO FOLLOW THE PATHWAY FOR LONG ENOUGH...............

Photo Credit: ForestWander

TO FIND THE PLACES OF BEAUTY WE MAY NOT IMMEDIATELY KNOW ARE AHEAD! DON'T GIVE UP BEFORE YOU FIND A DREAM LIKE THIS!

I Pledge Not To Smoke Today or Tonight and I Extend My Smoke Free Hand of Support to The Next In Line

I Pledge No Excuses to Smoke For Me Today
I know that NO EXCUSE TO SMOKE IS EVER VALID!
I know that any memories I may have about smoking being MY FRIEND, MY COMFORT, MY STRESS RELIEF, MY RELAXATION, MY ESCAPE, OR ANYTHING POSITIVE ARE NOTHING BUT LIES!
WHEN MY MIND TELLS ME THAT I AM SUFFERING BECAUSE I QUIT SMOKING I WILL KNOW THAT IS A LIE FROM A JUNKIE TRYING TO KEEP USING!
THE TRUTH IS THAT I AM NOT SUFFERING!
IN FACT I AM HEALING FROM THE TRUE SUFFERING THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING WHILE ACTIVELY ADDICTED TO NICOTINE!
I ONLY THOUGHT I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF BECAUSE OF CHEMISTRY NOT REALITY!
I know that if I take ONE PUFF IT WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH ONE PACK, WILL BE ONE CARTON, AND FROM THAT POINT ON I WILL BE RIGHT WHERE I STARTED FROM, AN ADDICT THAT USES!
I Pledge, if I do think about cigarettes today, I will think of the most horrific effects of smoking because there is no pleasure in killing myself.
So the picture I will think of will be of CANCER, PAIN, RADIATION TREATMENTS, HAVING A LUNG REMOVED, A SLOW HORRIBLE DEATH, HORRIBLE SUFFERING AND MOMENTS OF TERROR, MY LOVED ONES CRYING AT MY FUNERAL, THE COLD GROUND AND DEATH.

I pledge that I will remain committed to myself and this QUIT so that I will allow myself enough time to find out how GREAT LIFE ACTUALLY CAN BE AS AN EX-SMOKER.

Since I am planning on a smoke free day I extend my great smelling hands of support and strength to the next person in line...........

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
jim_taddeo

When I tell you all that my soul flies, that my spirit is lifted up, look at the DEEP meaning in the photo's above. I make it a point to travel to these places and though I am not the photographer of the above shots I have countless visions within my memories and dreams that rival these and beyond. That is how it FEELS to me when I say, TODAY, I WILL NOT SMOKE, I SWEAR IT, BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE AS MANY MORE OF THESE AS I CAN, BECAUSE I WANT TO SHOW MY LITTLE GIRL THE SUPREME BEAUTY THERE IS TO BEHOLD AND EXPERIENCE. And I EXtend my hands and strength to the nEXt two to start a chain in both directions. Jump in here and join me please. Pledge your own FREEDOM and walk the path.......there is a beautiful vision just up ahead......over that next rise.......I PROMISE!
Papa
0 Kudos
claudia2

PappaJimm, The pictures indeed are beautiful, especially the path to freedom and the water falls to cleanse me!!! Good morning Pappa, I will gladly take your hand on this path to freedom and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours. I EXtend my free hand to the nEXt EX in line willing to make the same commitment.
0 Kudos
judy9

GO TO IBSEXXY.COM
IBSEXXY.COM Good Morning Napper and Everyone Else; I, Judy, am here to take your hand this morning and pledge to Not smoke for the nEXt 24 hours. I wish to EXtend my other hand out to the nEXt person, full of streignth and encouragement, to beat this addiction we all have towards cigarettes....
0 Kudos
susan58

Good Morning! I THANK your hands for being here...I grab hold as I pledge to not smoke for the next 24 hours. I extend my other hand in support to the next person in line!!
0 Kudos
barbara42

hi ami, i will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours and hold out my free hand for the next in line
0 Kudos
melissa2

Barbara, I will take your hand and pledge to be smoke free for the next 24 hours! I am kicking the hell out of hell week!
I will also offer my free hand to the next EX in line!
0 Kudos

Barbara, I Gratefully take you hand in support and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours. I Humbly extend my hand to the next in line
0 Kudos
carlie

Thanks, "Brown Eye"....I'll take your hand (oh, and Melissa's too) and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours. I EXtend my free hand, full of strength, support and friendship, to the nEXt in line to pledge !!!

Carlie - FREE Seven months, two weeks, three days, 2 hours, 3 minutes and 12 seconds. 2773 cigarettes not smoked, saving $217.72. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 15 hours, 5 minutes.
0 Kudos
wil

I pledge to not smoke for another 24 hours. One day at a time.
0 Kudos