Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Sunday’s Promise: Faith

TerrieQuit
17 8 1,245

Sunday’s Promise: Faith
My faith and my gratitude for all that I have been blessed with will shine through in my attitudes and in my actions. 

leap-of-faith_724_482_80.jpg

Happy Sunday!  

Join the Daily Pledge

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1091-take-the-daily-pledge?sr=search&searchId=83931977-6...

8 Comments
D_XCig

Amen.  It is only one day, today.  I am not going to worry about tomorrow or ad infinitum which caused me to continue to have that "last" cigarette" one more time and another time so many times it took me another 20 tomrrow to finally quit!

I finally learned to look only at today, even the moment, the second, and think "I will be in control of myself, not cigarettes and all others earning billions controlling me!"

Hope this helps someone for today!

With Love and hugs to those battling cigarette addcition!

oliman

Yes I am that person who must focus on the exact minute or else i will just keep on smoking.

susan_m

One minute at a time is just fine....Do whatever it takes.

PRAIRIEROSELADY

I take the pledge to NOT SMOKE TODAY Feb 11,2018.... When the worst cravings come over me, it sure can be a minute or a few seconds at a time.... I'm discovering that evenings when I am tired, bring the strongest cravings.I've found changing locations for my coffee, changing routines, adding activities to fill the time spent smoking is rewiring my brain, as I am an Addict!  This is Day 5 and this morning my Blood Pressure was once again down! I'm using CQ 24 hr. patches, so I conclude it is: all the other Zillion Toxic chemicals doing my body in. My Chronic Pain Level, since age 20 is also DOWN! I am in my 60's. Thank You Lord for making this journey with me. All those you've placed here to remind me I am not alone. Have a BLESSED SUNDAY.

Auroraclearsky

I Take the pledge on february 12 2018 to not smoke smoke today or the rest of the month im dying to feel free from addiction

indingrl

animated_1595984926703.gifONLY by God's grace I stay in prayer for other's in MY Lord Jesus name amen

LeftysLady

Today I accepted that I don't have to smoke.  Smoking is an addiction.  For today I will remind myself that I am not a smoker.  For today I will continue to prepare for my quit.  For today I will find out every reason I light up.  For today I will use God's gift of the present to keep myself present in what I am doing and what is going on in my life. 

Thanks for being here to read my thoughts.  I hope someone on our journey is blessed by them.

indingrl

Gosh how I miss Terri - her positive attitude in herself that she shared here when she blogged - HELPFULNESS was her aim to share her faith in STAYING a non smoker one breath at a time dealing with life in her day as it unfolded some days hanging on by an unraveling thread other days just right and some days just HERE

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)