cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

Giulia
3 450 14.2K

Starting off this blaze with a little tinder from the forest floor....

Adding in my 122,288 un-smoked Stupid Sticks

WELCOME ALL QUITTERS!  

For those unfamiliar with our bonfire tradition... click on the following link:  About Bonfires and How to Participate (it's pretty simple, just figure out the number of cigarettes you usually smoke in and day and multiply it by the number of days you've been quit.)  Scroll down to just past the Doors video and click on add a comment.  Or scroll through page by page and see how the party is progressing!)

pastedImage_1.png

I want to thank Shawn and all the other Bonfire starters for leading the way.

Here are a few  hors d'oeuvres to whet your appetites...

https://www.cliseetiquette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/appetizers.jpg

And a few beverages!

Or perhaps you'd prefer something with more of a citrus tang....

Maybe wine????  We're serving Rose'

And..... white

And red!

Pull up a chair....

Or flop into a....

Or maybe you brought one of these....

And a little music to begin the party!!!

Sit back, enjoy your smoke-free beautiful selves!

450 Comments
Magstoyou

Hi All

Thanks G for hosting the Bon Fire.

I am dropping by with 34,592 not smoked cigs!!

That should keep the bon fire burning til tonight!!

Mags

Giulia

Celebrating with you Florflor!

Giulia

Yay, Mags is here!  Thanks for the bunch.  Will definitely keep it burning!

Magstoyou

Pops

Giulia

Oh, go ahead, rob the cradle!

Or, well here are a few of the older generation...

c2q

Thorry, Pops‌. Thome one 8 all ur cake.

Giulia

Some friends are dropping in for the evening festivities...

Then there are some who would rather not participate!

Giulia

Some diversionary entertainment...........  

Giulia

ShawnP‌  I sent out about 75 reminders.  We'll see if it garners any action!

Florflor

Thanks G. Just show me how to play catch. Now. Here is a risky but funny game. Who wants to jump the fire without burning?

brincando el fuego.jpg

NewMe

Wow, quite the party going on here. I was just stopping by to add 20 more yakkies to the fire for today. Looks like we need to get some more birthday cake for Pops and his friends.

Image result for birthday cake               Image result for bonfire

JACKIE1-25-15

8220 cigs not smoked. 

Giulia

Thanks Jackie.  Glad you dropped in.

Florflor

caseta de campana noche.jpg And  now before rest and sleep...

reading and wine con fogata.jpg  a good reading with a cup of wine it doesn't has comparison.

Good night!

freeneasy

I have 21 more unsmoked cigs to add to the 33,000 I threw in last night. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that equals 33,021  (:

Patty-cake

It's been 1786 days since my last cigarette. I'm throwing into the bonfire 35,720 cigarettes that I didn't smoke! Living in NY, cost was at least $10 per pack which translates into a savings of $17,860.00

Congrats to all that choose to take their life back! A Celebration is in order.

shashort

Oh my goodness Patty cake I thought $7.86 was high for smokes wow you have a good savings going there.

hellbilly_va2

Hello all, hope everyone is having a good weekend. Figured I'd drop off a few more cigarettes fer yer fiya.Here's another 121,320 give or take a few cartons. Some days were rougher than others, so it's hard to get an accurate count. It's been 3,033 days since quitting. Only have 1 regret. Should have done it waaaay sooner. Anywhoo, congratulations to all, and to all a good night.     Tom

Giulia

Well, yup Jim 33000 plus 21 equals 33021!  Very good!  A in Math!  (As opposed to me who can't seem to add anything up right her!  lol)

Patty-cake‌  Thanks for dropping in and adding your beautiful unsmoked commitment.  

Nice tenting Florflor‌  I'm ready to snuggle up in there.

Hey Sassy!

MePlus3

Good night everyone! 

shashort

Hey Giulia great bonfire.  Yes Jim I agree with Giulia impressive math you did there.

Giulia

Night ya'll.  Hitting the sack earlier than normal.  Fell off the back stoop and my body is yelling at me to get the heck into a PRONE position!  Carry on you quitters.....

WLFSRFAMILY

Throwing in my 16379 Let break another record!!!

Dotgirl_1-28-16

Great fire you've got going here! Thanks Giulia! I'm adding to the fire, we've got to keep this fire burning!

Happier2

Here's my contribution: 39,654 cigarettes not smoked. No more exhaling 4000 chemicals. Making life improved for the 1132 days. I make digital images of all kinds. So here's my image to kill any interest or thought of ever considering lighting up pickled tobacco.png

MarilynH

I threw in my unsmoked cigarettes Friday night but if not too late to toss in another 60 from yesterday and today, I'd love to do so. Yay for each and everyone of us Exers whether we've quit smoking for a day, wk, month, yr or 10 yrs, we're on a journey of being Freel.

dwwms

Good Morning, MarilynH‌ I've got your additional 60 and we're getting REAL close to the 2 million stinkin' cancer sticks up in smoke!! 

And, Jim freeneasy‌, I'm adding another 45 for the last 3 days to my previous 555 and that equals 600!!

We are now at 1,960,264!!

MarilynH

Whoo hoo, Yay!!!!!thanks for letting me know Doug, woweeeee dwwms 

gregp136

And I threw in mine Friday night, which means I have 50 more to throw in from Yesterday and today!  And good morning all!

Greg

bonniebee

Good Morning everyone ! I just invited our Sheri Dancingthrulife_6.4.13 to the bonfire she could not make it but gave me the honor of throwing in her 21,387  sickerettes into the flames here they go ........burn baby burn !!!! 

Hope everyone is having a great time the bonfire is huge !!! I have my green tea and will catch up a bit on what has been going on today !

bonniebee

Sorry I  am past that hahaha i rather have my memories of days gone by !

bonniebee

So cool that you make them !!!!

ShawnP

Good morning! I am here to throw in and additional 40. Also, today is mikecity‌'s Birthday.

bonniebee

Wow Marilyn did you really smoke 3 packs a day ???? I did years ago by the time I quit I was down to about 25 a day If i could have afforded it i probably would have kept up with 3 packs a day !

bonniebee

Happy Birthday Mike mikecity what fun  to celebrate your B-day with us Ex'ers at the Spring Bonfire !!!Birthday cake.jpg

bonniebee

sayings rock your quit 5.jpgI already threw In my big haul so today I have 25 more Yakie sickerettes to throw in ! There they go burn baby burn !

Happy dance here !

bonniebee

Sorry Marilyn I get it you threw in two days worth not 1 day !

MarilynH

I smoked roughly 30 cigarettes a day My sweet bonniebee but not anymore yay for all of us Exers.

MarilynH

Ouch Giulia ,I hope you are not too stiff and sore this morning, gentle cyber hug for you,

MarilynH

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Mike, happy birthday to you and many, many more. mikecity , I hope you are enjoying your special day my friend and fellow Exer. ☆

YoungAtHeart

Who's ready for coffee and (of course) chocolate donuts to get this party rolling this morning?

I also brought 40 more smokes to throw in the bonfire!

JonesCarpeDiem

Happy Birthday Mike!

I would like to add another 40 cigarettes to the fire in honor of Mike. 🙂

Patty-cake

Bringing a little Mimosa to share with everyone!

IMG_0224.JPG

Patty-cake

It's 11am here in NY, time for all you Party Aminals to build up the blaze again. Throwing in another 20 unsmoked for me.

IMG_0225.JPG

pamelaine123

Hi All!

Can't believe I missed the bonfire again! I had over 23k to add! This is the first time i have visited EX in a while...so thankful to my EX community as I am now over 1500 days quit! To all newcomers - visit the community often! It works!!

pamelaine123

IrishRose

I finally made it to the bonfire.  Painting a dining room and kitchen sure does test your patience and marriage to the highest degree. 

I had my Abby all hooked up to the cart to pull in the 49,800 coffin nails to be burned, and I got the "cut eye".  She let me know right away that she would have absolutely nothing to do with those cancer sticks. 

Just think...  I have protected my lungs from 49,800 cancer sticks.  My quit date was June 10, 2010, and I am sooooooooooo happy to be free from such a self-destructive addiction.

Oh, I had to share that look I got from my Abby.  Cutting her eyes at me.  Imagine that! 

DSCN1776.JPG

She is ready to eat any handouts of food you may have around the bonfire though.  Notice the drool falling from her mouth after I mentioned food.  I do not blame her for not wanting to have anything to do with pulling that cart.  Wish I had said no to the first cancer stick I ever smoked. 

Jennifer-Quit

Lunch anyone:

plug66

12,250 stupid sticks.......

MePlus3

It's not too late throw them in! 

Giulia

Pickled tobacco,   hmmm, kinda pretty looking, actually.  I envision it more like...

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!