cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

Giulia
3 450 14.2K

Starting off this blaze with a little tinder from the forest floor....

Adding in my 122,288 un-smoked Stupid Sticks

WELCOME ALL QUITTERS!  

For those unfamiliar with our bonfire tradition... click on the following link:  About Bonfires and How to Participate (it's pretty simple, just figure out the number of cigarettes you usually smoke in and day and multiply it by the number of days you've been quit.)  Scroll down to just past the Doors video and click on add a comment.  Or scroll through page by page and see how the party is progressing!)

pastedImage_1.png

I want to thank Shawn and all the other Bonfire starters for leading the way.

Here are a few  hors d'oeuvres to whet your appetites...

https://www.cliseetiquette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/appetizers.jpg

And a few beverages!

Or perhaps you'd prefer something with more of a citrus tang....

Maybe wine????  We're serving Rose'

And..... white

And red!

Pull up a chair....

Or flop into a....

Or maybe you brought one of these....

And a little music to begin the party!!!

Sit back, enjoy your smoke-free beautiful selves!

450 Comments
cyn9

Oh gosh.. I'm trying to figure out the new site, from my phone... So great to see so many familiar faces still here. Well I'm throwing in about 45,200 cigs not smoked! I think that's right... guit 6 years, 4 months. 

Giulia

cyn9‌  It's a brand neeeew woooorld!!!  Nice to see you.  Thanks for 45,200!  

Giulia

Who wants to build some sand castles???

Pig Castle?

I wonder where puff-tm-draggin‌ is?

JKM5849

What does that mean?

To: JKM5849 <janmann@sbcglobal.net>

Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2017 12:44 PM

Subject: Re: - SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

#yiv6199127130 * #yiv6199127130 a #yiv6199127130 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6199127130 #yiv6199127130 h1, #yiv6199127130 h2, #yiv6199127130 h3, #yiv6199127130 h4, #yiv6199127130 h5, #yiv6199127130 h6, #yiv6199127130 p, #yiv6199127130 hr {}#yiv6199127130 .yiv6199127130button td {}

|

BecomeAnEX

|

SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

new comment by MePlus3 - View all comments on this blog postI'm adding in 20 more for today

Reply to this email to respond to MePlus3's comment.

Following MePlus3 in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by BecomeAnEX because you are a registered user or you were invited to join by a current user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from BecomeAnEX, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences |

|

ShawnP

I never even thought about Tommy pir8fan‌ on that one. OOPS! I love bacon too! Maybe we need even more!

Or take a look at that baby >>>MMMMMMM chocolate covered for a real treat!

MePlus3

That comment was for the bonfire were having are you on the site or seeing this through email?

ShawnP

Where is Rick_M , johio‌, joedice711‌, nanawendy‌, many more that we are missing

MePlus3

You are cutting up with that Bacon! Hmm I think I'll thaw some for later!

c2q

Gotta have some fun with it, eh? It's just part of the game right now.   

Pops

Thanks Jennifer!  You guys are the bomb!  I was just telling Terrie that I was thinking about how nobody was going to celebrate my bd with me....(pity pot I guess).  Some friends just called me to meet them at a Greek restaurant, my brother called, my son called...and I have you guys sending me badges!!!! What a blessing it is to be part of this community.

I love you guys....

Pops 

MePlus3

minions-celebrate-o.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pops‌!!! Time to celebrate!!

MePlus3

CAKE ANYONE??

images (11).jpg

marilyn_marmac

I like the way you think girl!!!!

c2q

Pops wrote:

... I was thinking about how nobody was going to celebrate my bd with me....

What you talking about Pops‌? I missed your birthday? That is unacceptable.

unacceptable.jpg

I must remedy. 

BirthdayBadgec65.png

Pops

ty c2q‌!!! I always knew I could count on you if I told you....lol

Yep, the big medicaid birthday...65 and still ticking....

marilyn_marmac

3 Years 9 Months = 41,045 UN-smoked cigarettes to toss on the blaze.

Money that I didn't send up in smoke = $14,365.96

Travel and Fun using money not spent on cigarettes = PRICELESS MEMORIES! (how long do you remember that cigarette once you put it out?)

pastedImage_1.png

Image result for cooking over a campfire

Giulia

Thanks Marilyn!  

Here's another cake - just for you pops!  Don't eat it all in one gulp!

marilyn_marmac

And a little something for Pops

Image result for Mans birthday motorcycle image

bonniebee

Hi Marilyn I just threw my yakies in !!!! 20, congrats on your unsmoked 30,000 + Yakies !!!

bonniebee

Happy Birthday Pops !!! God bless you Today and Always !!!birthday all (3).jpg

bonniebee

Woooo  Hooooooooooo keep it going Kimberly !!!sayings quit smoking 2 (2).jpg

bonniebee

Those sandcastles are beautiful !!!

bonniebee

hahaha !

bonniebee

But they are all way to young for me ! 

bonniebee

I don't want to rob the cradle Giulia ! 

bonniebee

love that song !

bonniebee

sayings rock your quit 2.jpgAll of us ! 

bonniebee

congratulations_030.gif

bonniebee

I had to leave for awhile now I am back !

bonniebee

Hi Pati sending in a dance partner for you !!!sayings rock your quit 5.jpg

bonniebee

Glad to be here !

bonniebee

Looks good but i am a vegetarian  now !  I brought a veggie burger !!!veggie burger.png

Giulia

Let's hear it for VEGGIES!

And the ever popular Carrot Dance!

Strudel

Happy birthday Pops‌ - I hope it is turning out to be a fabulous day! 

Pops

TYVM, I just got back from a Greek dinner with friends...i ate too much...now it's time to take a nap lol

JustSharon

Bringing along some extras and I'm sure just a couple of more smokes not smoked, yee haa!

shashort

Hi everyone had a busy day and just getting here. Looks like on heck of a party.  Hmmm I think I want real beef with those veggies. Throwing in 25 more yucky smokes for what I would have smoked today. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. Love the carrots Guilia.

elvan

Happy, happy birthday, Pops  Hope all of your hopes and dreams come true this year!  This would have been my mother's 95th birthday if she was still alive.  I'd like to think she is on the French Riviera with my father since that is where they met and fell in love.

I am throwing another 20 cigarettes onto the bonfire. I worked today and I am ready for a serious nap but I have to wait until a more respectable hour to nap because I am hoping for a seriously good night's sleep.  Haven't had one in two days and I am BEAT.

HAPPY BONFIRE all!

Ellen

dwwms

Hope everyone has been enjoying the Blaze all afternoon!

I went back through, didn't really catch anything I missed (I don't think) other than I went ahead and added some for happyman & jazzy3, who had just put down # of days - I calculated them at 20 per day. As of now I have a total of 1,645,203. 

Pops

Thank you Ellen,

You guys are making me a total blushed up blubbering idiot here @ my tablet tonight....Thanks for the closeness here on this site....I love you guys so much....

ken  aka  Pops

Rick_M

Hi all and thanks Giulia for hosting the bonfire. I have 59,000 smokes to toss into the fire. Good riddance to smoking them.

The freedom is oh so sweet.....

pir8fan

G, you really said "let's hear it for veggies"? I have a sound for them!

Sent from my iPhone. Tommy

kristen-9-7-15

Throw in another 30 for today! Unimaginable now! Gross!

Giulia

Thanks Rick!  'Bout time you showed up to the party!

What've you got against poor, lowly vegetable Tommy!

Thanks for the added yuckies Kristen!

Giulia

Now for some vintage (and I mean vintage) Elton John.

Giulia

And more beach fun!

JustSharon

Giulia

Anybody want to play catch?

OOOOOOPS - be careful there!              

Florflor

pastedImage_2.jpg  I'll toss 14,235 unsmoke cigs this night.

diversion playa noche bailando.jpg 

Celebrating my freedom. there's nothing to stop me.

Giulia

Wow Sharon, where on earth did you dig that up from???  It's fabulous.  And so SO strange to hear the laughter.  Wow.  Now that we know what we know, it ain't a BIT funny!

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!