Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Independence day Bonfire is here!

ShawnP
10 334 3,031

Mark_0-1646454415835.gif

Welcome! The bonfire is now starting. It will continue through Sunday night midnight 11:59 EST. Please stop in whenever you can. For those that aren't familiar with our bonfires, the fuel for the fire is your unsmoked cigarettes. It would be your days quit x how many cigarettes that you USED to smoke. You can find your days quit here... My quit plan   Also, here is a calculator that you can use. Just edit the numbers to yours. You can find other statistics as well. 

Our goal tonight is a standard of 1 million. We usually  dbl it. Our highest was 2,895,441. 

Feel free to post music, food or funny images. Please note that we do have to abide by "no copyright material". This site provides links to pics  . We are also having costumes. What can be more funnier than trying out different figures, animals etc? haha

Here are links that you can use....

1.  Face in hole

2.  Photo fun maker

3.  photofunny 

If you are mobile user, there are apps that you can use as well.

In case that you don't know how to post pics or videos, here are the tutorials

1.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1062-how-to-put-pictures-in-posts-of-all-kinds-discussio...

2.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17458-how-to-uploadembed-videos?commentID=115169#comment

NOW LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!

(if you don't see a friend here, message them. The more, the merrier!!

you can watch and listen here for relaxation.

Tags (1)
334 Comments
YoungAtHeart

hahahahahahaha!

What a GREAT face! 

Thanks!

Mandolinrain

Happy 4th everyone!!!!!!

Mandolinrain

Unknown-1.jpegfullsizeoutput_5b4.jpegimages-2.jpegimages-3.jpegimages-4.jpeg

shashort

Hey all! Happy 4th to all.  I am throwing in 37.825 nasty yucky smokes into that big fire. Thanks Shawn for throwing this bonfire party. You rock lady.  Will be back in tonight.  On my way to pool party at my brothers house. Have a great day.

Giulia

Enjoy your swim, sassy! Nice bathing cap! shashort

Sassy Baby.JPG

beazel

12,000+ from me....

Pick: Cute Patriotic Cat Bonus Pic Of The Day | Patriotic pets ...

Giulia

Nice outfit!  Nice unsmoked numbers, Beasel!

YoungAtHeart

and let me add another 25 not smoked TODAY!

Barbscloud

After a great (pretend) breakfast, I'm moving  on to a real dinner now.  Just lit the grill--like to use charcoal sometimes instead of butane.  The menu is a Delmonico with mushrooms and corn on the cob.

Still celebrating the day!  Thanks Shawn

Barb

Giulia

Are you in the pool yet? YoungAtHeart

Nancy Rubber Ducky.JPG

YoungAtHeart

How did you know I LOVE flamingos?  I used to have a bathroom decorated with them, including a shower curtain - UNTIL everyone kept giving me hand painted poly resin figurines ---- which I LOATHE...so got rid of that decor.  I still have a garden of them, but no hand painted poly resin ALLOWED!

Giulia

Missy are you STILL at the hairdressers?  Mandolinrain

Missy Hair.JPG

Giulia

Barbscloud‌  Looks like you have a new stylist!  Steak & corn on the cob.  Yum!

barbscloud1.JPG

cpsono

Hello all and Happy 4th! I’m here with 1865 days of glorious freedom from smoking(5+ years)and I’m adding 37,300 cigs to this fabulous fire ! Thank you Shawn for getting this together!!!

ShawnP

I'm baaaaack

Bonnie

I've got 909 Days of Freedom, which means I have saved myself from 4045 cigarettes and saved the same amount of $!  Thanks for all the good food!  The "bbq" lunch here at the park sucked!  

ShawnP

welcome, love the cat outfit. I wonder if my cats would be upset if i dressed them up

ShawnP

hahaha love the new bathing cap shashort‌ very ummmm what would be a good word ?

ShawnP

steak is my fave mmmmm

ShawnP

YoungAtHeart‌ you sure look like you are having fun riding mr flamingo LOL

ShawnP

you're welcome and thanks for coming

ShawnP

thanks so much for coming Bonnie. thank u so much for your awesome contribution. What did they have for the bbq?

tjanddj

Hello everyone!! Happy Independence Day! I have 23,628 cigarettes to toss into the fire. 

Trudy

Barbscloud

Da.   I've been in and out all day sitting on the deck. It's unbelievably hot (90's for days). I just went out for few minutes with Charlie and sat down and went "Was  that Cloud?"

LOL 

Giulia

Glad you made it back to the party, Shawn.

cpsono‌  Ole!  Nice to see you.

cpsono.JPG

ShawnP

we had so much food and i am so stuffed and 

ShawnP

i can't help to laugh at that cows face. too funny

ShawnP

tjanddj‌ glad you can make it. Happy Independence day to you too.

Barbscloud‌, its 85 out but soooo hot. It really makes you sleepy especially on a full stomach LOL

cpsono‌ love your dress

ShawnP

Giulia

tjanddj‌  Well YOU sure dressed up for the Bonfire!

Trudy.JPG

ShawnP

i love this particular year with the medley

Giulia

Not seeing any of your two images.  Never mind.  They're just slow to load, but came in.

Giulia

Howdy Bonnie!  Hope you had a good ride!

Bonnie Cowgirl.JPG

ShawnP

ShawnP

having problems at times with the video service. u just have to wait a little bit, then they suddenly appear lol

ShawnP

ShawnP

SuzyQ411

Breakfast looks so good ShawnP‌ !! Is there anything I can do to help? You've been cooking up a storm for two days now!! 

SuzyQ411

Beach Boys' unique sound was never matched-- they are timeless. Thanks ShawnP for offering their mix for our enjoyment

SuzyQ411

What a great mix of music you have for us ShawnP‌..thanks for all your work in setting this party up!

SuzyQ411

Even more great music with Neil Diamond's iconic " They're Comin' to America" ~

ShawnP

we need more desserts cookies, anything that your heart desires. snacks we dont have.

Giulia

I think you wore a bit too much powder, but other than that the hat looks great! SuzyQ411

Suzy Q Red Hat.JPG

ShawnP

i really like how they brought up the kids on stage. Very touching moment.

SuzyQ411

Queen + Adam Lambert Bohemian Rhapsody Live at Hollywood Bowl - YouTube 

Not necessarily patriotic music but a great addition to any party~

SuzyQ411

Giulia

You silly girl! Guess I need to be out in the sun more and git miself a tan 

ShawnP

any music is welcome

indingrl

animated_1593900042699.gif  Hello family and huge thanks to Shawn for hosting bonfire July 4th 2020 - in MY area it is - HOT and the air is THICK and HUMID!!! HAPPY 4th of July to Y'ALL -  I am tossing in the bonfire - ONLY by God's grace - 173,350 DEATH STICKS - not sucked on TODAY!!!!  - Yahoooooo -  I am dancing and PRAISING and THANKING MY Daddy God for nicotine freedom in MY Lord Jesus by MY Mighty Holy Spirit leading ME to dance with ALL HIS might to celebrate HIS love and joy and peace in ME - MY NEW NON SMOKER life style in this moment -  dancing dancing dancing - FREE to express MYSELF

SuzyQ411

strawberry cake.jpg    chocolate cake.jpg   pie.jpg cupcakes.jpg   HEARD YOU WERE SHORT ON DESERTS ShawnP..hope this will help...

SuzyQ411

snacks.jpg snacks1.jpg   snacks3.jpg  

HERE'S SOME SNACKS TOO..

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later