Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Freedom Train 3/3/17

smorgy8513
0 22 251

Good Morning Fellow EXer's 

The Freedom Train is on the tracks and prepared to make its daily run to freedom from smoking. Everyone is invited to come aboard to celebrate their own personal freedom and that of their friends!

Today's Celebrations

@edd55                  300 Days of Freedom 

@Dotgirl 1-28-16    400 Days of Freedom

@Scott106                 1 year of FREEDOM!

We encourage you to come aboard today! Shout out your personal milestones, those of your friends, and show pride in your quit: 1 day, 200 days or 2000 days, or more if you have them! Let us hear from you, and let us all celebrate our freedom. Post food and music - IT IS PARTY TIME! This train is bound for FREEDOM from the evils of tobacco and smoking.

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!

pastedImage_1.jpg

What is the Freedom Train? More here

If you are new here, this vehicle provides a place for everyone to gather to celebrate the milestones and successes of those in our community. There are no tickets. The fuel for this locomotive is love and caring. The rides on this train are paid for in contributions to the quits of others! The only thing required to ride this train is a desire to breathe free. We encourage everyone to join in the celebration. No matter where you are in your quit, today is special, and is cause for celebration! Celebrate with others, and they will celebrate with you! There are no baggage fees; bring all your "EXtra baggage" and we will help you sort it out.

How do I count my days? 

Your quit info is here

From time to time we have questions about counting days. While we encourage everyone to celebrate every day of their freedom, here on the Freedom Train we count the days you have completed. For example, pir8fan quit on 01/01/2010. On 12/31/2010 he had reached 365 days. However, he had not completed a year until 01/01/2011.

Where can I sign up?

You can register for the Freedom Train here.

Have a question?

Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to Pir8fan (Tommy) at any time.

Daily Freedom Train Conductors

Sunday: pir8fan

Monday: Youngatheart.7.4.12

Tuesday: JACKIE1-25-15

Wednesday: Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14

Thursday: Terrie_Quit

Friday: smorgy8513

Saturday: ShawnP

22 Comments
JustSharon

Good morning Sharon, hope this finds you feeling well this Friday morning. I'm taking a ride on your train with 119 days!

MarilynH

Thanks Sharon, a big old fashioned hug and congrats to you and everyone on board especially Dotgirl_1-28-16 on her awesome 400 DOF and to Eddie on 300 precious DOF the @ won't work for this name and to Scott106 on your wonderful 1 yr milestone, I'm here with 964 DOF and smiling.

smorgy8513

Big congrats go out today:

300 Days for edd51.     You are getting close to the year mark!!!

Dotgirl has 400 Days!     Yippee Skippee!!!

And 

pastedImage_1.jpg

Scott106 has 1 year of FREEDOM!!!!!

Here's your key to the 1% Club!

pastedImage_2.jpg

This is a huge milestone and one to be very proud of......(oh heck..they are all reasons to be proud!)

Know that we are celebrating you today.....

What will you do to celebrate?

Ok, some more reasons to celebrate:

National I Want You to be Happy Day - March 3

NATIONAL I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY DAY

National I Want You to be Happy Day is observed annually on March 3.  This day was created as a day encouraging us to do something to make others happy.  Putting a smile on someone’s face tends to put one on ours, too.  

HOW TO OBSERVE

It’s quite limitless.  A flower here, a silly knock-knock joke there.  Buy the person’s coffee standing in line behind you.  Remind your kids how much you love them.  Leave a sticky note for a co-worker telling them to have a spectacular day, a happy day.  Draw a happy face in the snow for a stranger to come across later.  Give someone a hug. 

And one more:

NATIONAL COLD CUTS DAY          

Dagwood, eat your heart out.  March 3rd is National Cold Cuts Day.  Call them lunch meats, deli meats, sandwich meats or cold cuts. Some like them thick, while others stack them mile high. Others still just like them with cheese and crackers.  However you like them, National Cold Cuts Day was made for sandwich and snack makers.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Visit a local deli.

pastedImage_3.jpg

Should we add something else for breakfast????

pastedImage_4.jpg

So.......come aboard,    1) shout out your number,    2)    give a big congrats to our milestone markers,   3)   tell us how you will make someone else happy AND 4) what kind of sandwich are you having today?????

So.....let's get this party started:

Late "Happy Birthday" to Dr Suess!!!!

susan_m

Hey Sharon!  Thanks for such an awesome train this morning!  Congratulations to Dotgirl_1-28-16‌ on 400 beautiful days and congratulations to Eddie and Scott as well!  

Susan, 89 DOF 

smorgy8513

I forgot!

Celebrating 1306 Days of Freedom!

Lauralives

Thanks for picking me up Sharon and congrats to Dot, Eddie and Scott!!  Yay to all the smoke free friends too! 

Laura 32DOF

Cimstrong

Good morning all, today I celebrate 17days!!!!!     

Congratulations edd55 for 300days!, Dotgirl 1-28-16 for400 days and Scott 106 for one year!!

elvan

Thank you for picking me up, Sharon.  I seem to have missed you the past couple of weeks.  I somehow seem to miss a lot of people who I suspect are posting but I am missing them too.  Oh well, sooner or later, I will get this.  Congratulations to the really big winners on the train this morning!  

I am boarding today with 1139 DOF.  

Ellen

Pops

Thanks for conducting the train today Sharon....I need a nice soothing train ride to settle my psyche today.....Congrats go out in a huge way to Edd with his 300 days today, wow Ed, you are just a stones throw away from the 6% club....great job! Speaking of 6 % club, Scott...way to go Idaho!!!! You go boy!!! congratulations....lest we not forget to mention Dot with her 400 days as well!  Well done to all of you, and anyone else riding this train to freedom.....I'm Pops and I am riding with 283 fabulous days of freedom...Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

c2q

smorgy8513‌ - regarding all of above - LOL! I could feel that hug before I even got to the train! And you singing - what a voice! Thanks for the great train today. Congratulations to Scott106‌ with a whole year quit! 

congratulations2.png

Congratulations to Dotgirl_1-28-16‌ with 400 days quit! It seems like yesterday I heard "just say NO a day at a time."

Way to go, Dotgirl.

Congratulations Ed55‌ on your 300 days free from nicotine! So proud of you!

It's great to hang out with such a wonderful bunch of quitters. Thanks again, Smorgy.

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations to all our big winners today!  Thanks for the ride!

LindaK_Mc

This is my first time on the Freedom Train but today is my 5th day smoke free, "this time".  I've quit so many times but after going through throat cancer with my husband this is it!!  

Magstoyou

Thanks for picking me up Sharon

I am riding with 1326 Days of Freedom.

Congratulations to all riding today

Mags

bonniebee

Big congrats to ED, Dot, and Scott on their awesome milestones !!!!!animals owl laughing  blanchard.jpg

bonniebee

great photo POPS !!!

shashort

Hi Sharon thank you for picking me up today snd allll the laughs that were well need.  Woohoo to ED55 my quit buddy who is leading the way down to the 300 lane Big congratulations ED.  Also bid congratulations to Dot who came here ahead of me and took my hand and shoed me the way.. A big wat to go Dotgirl and big congratulaions to Scott for 1 yeat way to go. I am here with 294 days here. Woohoo.

Kkay

Thanks for picking me up Sharon. 57 days of freedom for me. Congrats everyone!! 

AbasKid

Congrats everybody on jobs well done!

AnthonyRizzo.jpg

JACKIE1-25-15

@edd55                  300 Days of Freedom 

@Dotgirl 1-28-16    400 Days of Freedom

@Scott106                 1 year of FREEDOM!

Congrats to the winners.  I am on with 758 DOF

Giulia

Way to go Scott!!!!  One Fantastic year smoke free.  Welcome to the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/02/22/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=4e6112bf-7cab-4c1f-8...

Edd those 300 are mighty fine!

And dotgirl - you are just adding more and more smoke-free dots to your smoke-free cloak!

Toots and cheers to all riders!

Strudel

Thanks Sharon! Congrats to Scott, Edd55, and Dotgirl! 

TerrieQuit

Oops, I missed this train but I still want to thank smorgy8513  for getting it rolling! Congratulations Ed55‌ on 302 days! and Dotgirl_1-28-16‌ on 402 days! and Scott106‌on year & 2 days=367 days and a brand new 6%er. 

Sorry I am so late! I hope your celebration was fun!

About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP I've thought so many times about quitting, done a few quits with the longest being 9 months. Blamed that relapse on my sister because she broke her hip. This time I feel different 8/5/13:The first day of my forever quit. About me? Well, I'm old enough that I am going to semi-retire (work 2 days per week) starting in October, 2013. I have 2 grown sons, 2 older sisters, 2 cats. I'm passionate about my work, love mystery books. I give all the glory for my work, any successes I may have to God and prayer. I have a lot of people praying for me right now and that is where I feel the strength. I also am finding strength, information and support from this site. I hope I can offer some of that to others when I get past the newbie stage. 9/4/13 30 days today!! I've learned so much since I've been coming here each morning (and sometimes at night). Words: choose, not try-----decision----not giving anything up, but gaining---I'm worth so much more than a cigarette. These are only a few of the pearls of wisdom that I've taken to heart. So many great people. I learn something each and every time I come on here. I'm learning about myself too. I teach clients everyday that feelings are feelings and ok to have, but I've always fought that concept myself. I heard when I was little "what have you got to cry about?" so I learned not to cry. If anger was shown it meant going back and shutting the door 10 times quietly or maybe getting the wrath of my parent. So, I learned not to cry, not to feel anger. I'm learning now that I have those feelings and that smoking pushed them aside and down. They are there and real. Now I'm trying to learn how to show and express them instead of going off by myself for a smoke. I have supporters. The biggest pride is what I feel in myself. With each day I wake up I can say "Today is day ____" and I feel proud. Not the kind of pride like I could never fail. That is a realization and why I need to be aware and conscious each moment. No, smoking doesn't solve anything. And today I am proof that I can go on without the crutch of a cigarette! 8/5/17 4 Years Quit!!! Who would have "thunk" it? I never took responsibility for my relapses, always blamed whatever it was that occurred. So, when I quit on 8/5/13 I knew I REALLY wanted it to work, knew that I needed as much support as I could get but I think deep down I was afraid this one wouldn't take either. So, I did as much positive as I could: Chantix, prayer, atomic fire balls, telling friends AND coming to the EX many times throughout the day. The people here became my friends as well as my family. I could share when I was struggling and get encouragement. Have there been struggles in my life since then that would have "caused" me to smoke in the past? Of course! Life goes on and troubles happen even when you don't smoke. I lost my sister who was also my best friend, my diagnosis of lung cancer and the treatment that has gone on since then (dr tells me "not curable, but treatable"). Would smoking make any of those things better? OF COURSE NOT! But when you're an addict the brain tells tons of lies to you..... Newbies: use the resources that the EX provides to you and you will have major milestones too. I thank my family here and love each and every one of you that have helped me! Too many names to mention.