Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Bonfire Now Beginning!!! 7/2017

ShawnP
8 374 2,460

Welcome!!! 

I went back on previous bonfires. There have been 8 on site but this is our 7th consecutive Independence Day bonfire!!! When we first started, there was a goal set for 1 million unsmoked cigarettes. We have doubled that goal last few years. Let's try to make this goal again!! We are independent from nicotine. That is something to celebrate about!

The fuel for the fire is your number of days My Quit Smoking Plan | A Program To Help You Stop Smoking: BecomeAnEX  multiplied by how many cigarettes you USED to smoke a day. (if you need help, let me know)

Here are some quit meters for statistics if you are interested. WhyQuit's Links to Free Quit Smoking Meters and Counters  or  QuitometeR - Home | Facebook .

The bonfire will end on 4th of july night at midnight.

Also, if you don't want to keep getting notifications from this, click up above on actions and uncheck following, inbox.

Tags (1)
374 Comments
Pops

I'm being moderated again....lol

I guess I just can't be trusted....is someone moderating POTUS?  If not, then they should be....

Pops

JACKIE1-25-15

I wanted to wait until later  BUT bonfire rollcall..... I am tossing in 8889 sickerettes.   Thanks for the music Shawn I will hang around for a while.  The food looks great.  Thanks for your hard work.  Enjoy the fun. 

Pops

Thanks Dale, my gosh that is a big bunch of unsmoked coffin nails!!!! That should keep the fire stoked for awhile.....

Pop;s

YoungAtHeart

Pink?  Pink?

Not unless they're jeans, baby!

Nancy

Pops

Wow Greg, you are up to 3K smokes already!  See how time flies when you are having fun?

Great job Pops

Pops

Thanks again Ellen....you're the mostest!!!!! get you some rest.....sleep well.

Pops

Pops

Thanks Jackie...I put some oldies on too....don't forget to take a listen to some old time rock.....I am looking for some more oldies to be rocking with....

Pops

Pops

Thanks for posting that ShawnP....that was so cool....

Pops

Those do look so good....ummm good.....

POps

jaimefriggin

87,360 disgusting cancer sticks to add to this glorious blaze. That's 30,500ish dollars saved,  probably more since these things are more expensive now. So glad to have quit 6 years,  2 weeks and 21 hours ago.

Pops

Well, would you?  I would lol....this looks so fun.....I'm down with it....Pops

YoungAtHeart

Pops

Wow!  Look @ that blaze....Thanks JaimeFrigginAllsup...that is a huge tally....congrats to you

Pops

jaimefriggin

In a second.    

jaimefriggin

Thanks pops.  Best decision I've ever made.

freeneasy

Thanks for hosting Shawn. Here's my 34,500 unsmoked sickerettes to add to the fire.

ryan44

I have 1966 days of not smoking so I'm adding 59,006 unsmoked cig to this bonfire. 

ShawnP

haha

ShawnP

Pooopssss you told on me!!!

Pops

Tell me about it...That brand new Harley of mine costs me $420 per month on payments, and my cigarette tally of $7 per pack and 2 packs per day =  $ 420 !!!! How fortuitous is that!?  I call that my "smobriety gift". 

Pops

Things are really running slow on Fios tonight...not sure what the problem is, but this is really torturing....so hey team, Pops has to be @ work by 6:00 AM & I am going to take it to the bed for the night.....I will check back in off & on tomorrow.  Thanks for all of the support....ShawnP, we love you girl!!!!! xoxoxox Pops

ShawnP

Thanks so much Pops for all your help!

stephanie1067

This is my very first bonfire, thank you so much for inviting me.  I have 49 days and 989 unsmoked cigarettes to add.  I'd so much rather burn them in the bonfire than smoke them myself because I don't smoke anymore.    

ShawnP

Our total so far is.........

817,008 cancer sticks!!!

ShawnP

you're welcome and thank you for coming!!! what a fabulous contribution.

Pops

My pleasure Sweetie, and thanks to you for all that you do.....

Pops

Pops

Burn Baby BURN!!!!!

shashort

Wow lots of good music and food going on in here.  Thanks so much Shawn for hosting. Here is my contribution to the fire 10,398 yucky nasty smokes thrown into the fire. 

vanlil

Wow what a party????  Tomorrow I my 81st. Birthday and 379 dof.

Putting 11,398 cigarettes in the Bonfire.

Lillian

ShawnP

vanlil

YoungAtHeart

vanlil

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000260 EndHTML:000029881 StartFragment:000026751 EndFragment:000029815 StartSelection:000026783 EndSelection:000029806 SourceURL:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/pir8fan-blog/2017/07/03/wanted-to-be-part-of-the-bonfireWan... to be part of the Bonfire! | BecomeAnEX

I guess I no longer know how to be part of the site! I have so many friends here that I know and love, but everytime I come here I leave frustrated! I came here tonight and tried to contribute to the bonfire! I tried to contribute through two different browsers, but everytime I get to the bonfire and click "Add Comment" I get this white box with a box that says loading! But it never loads!

I wanted to ask you all to send up prayers for our Dear Friend Patticake! I wanted to drop off 109.560 unsmoked cigarettes! I wanted someone to give me a frozen margarita with EXtra salt (Don't tell Sandy)! I wanted to let everyone know how proud I am of them! I wanted to comment on how great it was to see a member with one day quit attending the event! I wanted to offer encouragement to all who need and appreciate it!

Instead of doing the things that I want to do, and the things I have done at all the July 4th bonfires, tonight I leave this blog (assuming I can post it)! If someone can copy it and post it at the fire I will appreciate it! If not, could someone please drop my 109,560 nasty Kool Milds into that roaring inferno! Happy Fourth of July!!

A special Thanks to Shawn, and all who who worked to make this event happen!!

Love to all! Live Free My Friends! Live Smoke Free!!      Tommy

Outcomes

Visibility:  pir8fan Blog17 ViewsVersion:1.0 StartHTML:000000260 EndHTML:000029881 StartFragment:000026751 EndFragment:000029815 StartSelection:000026783 EndSelection:000029806 SourceURL:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/pir8fan-blog/2017/07/03/wanted-to-be-part-of-the-bonfireWan... to be part of the Bonfire! | BecomeAnEX

I guess I no longer know how to be part of the site! I have so many friends here that I know and love, but everytime I come here I leave frustrated! I came here tonight and tried to contribute to the bonfire! I tried to contribute through two different browsers, but everytime I get to the bonfire and click "Add Comment" I get this white box with a box that says loading! But it never loads!

I wanted to ask you all to send up prayers for our Dear Friend Patticake! I wanted to drop off 109.560 unsmoked cigarettes! I wanted someone to give me a frozen margarita with EXtra salt (Don't tell Sandy)! I wanted to let everyone know how proud I am of them! I wanted to comment on how great it was to see a member with one day quit attending the event! I wanted to offer encouragement to all who need and appreciate it!

Instead of doing the things that I want to do, and the things I have done at all the July 4th bonfires, tonight I leave this blog (assuming I can post it)! If someone can copy it and post it at the fire I will appreciate it! If not, could someone please drop my 109,560 nasty Kool Milds into that roaring inferno! Happy Fourth of July!!

Outcomes

Visibility:  pir8fan Blog17 ViewsVersion:1.0 StartHTML:000000260 EndHTML:000029881 StartFragment:000026751 EndFragment:000029815 StartSelection:000026783 EndSelection:000029806 SourceURL:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/pir8fan-blog/2017/07/03/wanted-to-be-part-of-the-bonfireWan... to be part of the Bonfire! | BecomeAnEX

Outcomes

Outcomes

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000260 EndHTML:000029881 StartFragment:000026751 EndFragment:000029815 StartSelection:000026783 EndSelection:000029806 SourceURL:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/pir8fan-blog/2017/07/03/wanted-to-be-part-of-the-bonfireWan... to be part of the Bonfire! | BecomeAnEX

Outcomes

Visibility:  pir8fan Blog17 Views

Outcomes

Visibility:  pir8fan Blog17 Views
ShawnP

Happy birthday Lillian, i posted an image for you but its being moderated.

eddieg121

Great Bonfire  Shawn I am putting FORTY THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY FIVE  CIGARETTES INTO THE FIRE!!

ChangoGrande

Ok, I'm trying to throw in as many as possible, so according to the Smoke Free app, that's 447.3 as of this moment.

But can't I throw in the ones from my first quit?  That's 24 years x 10 per day = 87,600   

I defer to the Elders for a final decision.  Oh, but can I, puhleeeaase!  Pretty please?

shashort

Happy Birthday Lillian.  

c2q

Hey! Great Bonfire you guys! Keep the fire burning!

MrsP2

I'm dropping by to throw in my 48,510 butts ‼️  WOO HOO ‼️  Quit date January 27, 2013 ... 

OH  HAPPY DAYS  

LINDA

ShawnP

i wish i could count it but unfortuneately there was a puff after that 24 yrs. I am proud that you are quit again and that is what really counts. Thanks for your contribution!!!

c2q

Happy Birthday Lillian vanlil!

HealthyOrange

ShawnP

c2q

How bout some late night snacks around the campfire? Hope everyone's still hungry.

ShawnP

ShawnP

I think i like the old site for when we do bonfires. I like the different page view. I am having loading issues here. Anybody else too?

c2q

Yum, Shawn!  I'm not having trouble loading pictures, but some trouble with video, and get grey boxes for the videos others have posted. If I click on them, though, and give it a minute, they do come up. Your food looks great.

ShawnP

yes video takes a while. Tommy cant get on at all to this blog. I hope tomorrow he will be able to.

c2q

Yes, I saw that. I hope he can, too. 

I am missing a post, so my apologies if this shows up twice:

I have been quit for 6 Years, 2 Months, 1 Day, 23 hours, 1 minute and 53 seconds (2,254 days). I have saved $19,787.25 by not smoking 67,648 cigarettes. I have saved 7 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 21 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/1/2011 12:00 AM

ShawnP

Now i see a page view. ooopsss

ShawnP

got it now. It didnt show up earlier

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later