Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

Newbie Advice

We have a saying here that I first heard from my friend indingrl‌: 

Take what you like

And leave the rest...

to be helpful is our only goal!

We don't all agree, In fact we agreeably disagree on many, many things.

For example: once an addict always an addict.

Or you have to want to quit for it to work. 

Or NRTs vs. Cold Turkey vs. Smart Turkey.

Take your time to learn before you quit

vs. Quit Today! And fill your quit time with knowledge.

Commiserate with a relapser vs. Tough Love.

Well, this is just a small sample of how we each have our own opinions. And I can understand how this might be confusing to a newbie but in actuality, it's this diversity that makes our Community so dynamic!

The final word is yours! It's your Quit Journey. It's your LIFE! It's your Recovery - which means reclaiming yourself and starts out by not following anybody else's opinion more than your Own! By listening to various points of view you know what your options are. I have a saying - if you don't know that you have a choice - well, you don't! This diversity gives you choices!

Own your Quit! 

Tags (1)
25 Replies
Deelonnsoul

Yes a love button to love things written and also to give love to those struggeling!!

indingrl

Tears of joy for calling ME friend- thank you and in HIS love - I love you MY brother in OUR Lord Jesus Thomas- amen 

0 Kudos
indingrl

I vote for this Thomas blog for the best of EX too- thanks for YOU considering it MY beloved Lady G - gentle hug.

0 Kudos
Giulia

It IS in Best of EX.  I put it there... a while back, don't remember when now.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Great Blog...Thinking and Praying for you ... Thomas...Thomas3.20.2010 God Bless...~ Colleen

0 Kudos
LaytonJ

Working on quitting yet again....struggling a bit. On week 2 of Chantix. I believe the mental part is the hardest! I drink plenty of water, eat very healthy, use my Fitbit to keep me in check with calories and exercise but the moment I stop the cravings to smoke start. Ugh!

0 Kudos