cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Started another Elder.....And discovering your own special 'Quit-tool'

So why, you ask , does this person keep posting this art, this stuff so unrelated to smoking. Well honestly it has been one of the biggest QUIT-TOOLS in my toolbox. It kept my mind and hands off of smokes when I was a newbie and as we ALL know, life goes on and we need to fins other ways to handle/address issues without running to the smokes, or chew or Vapes, or whatever method you used to transfer Nicotine into your system.

So really, for me, this is totally related to smoking. I found something I enjoyed and love much more than smoking. You need to as well. While I always enjoyed Art and even had a mural business years ago.....Producing Art, caresses my soul more than the smokes ever did. I give most of my Art away nowadays, which is another way I send 'feel good ' endorphins to my body rather than the ill effects of smoking and allowing them to damage/hurt me.

So yeah, I post my art....What 'Quit-tool' do you have in your toolbox that you use the most and is most effective for you?

Heres my next Elder. Rough Sketch for now:

IMG_0333.jpg

Oh yeah....probably should mention, I intend to keep painting folks on Ex, so if you don't want your pic painted and or posted on here, send me a private PM and I will respect that. FYI....I'm doing Elders only but once you reach 'Eldership',  then you're included....provided I can fins a good pic of you. Feel free to send me a pic you like of yourself...or even a child or grandchild, of you'd rather have their portrait than one of yourself. ( Kids are fun to paint )  Happy Thursday. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
12 Replies
AnnetteMM

I love it! Being creative is one of the best ways to sort of lose yourself in something. It's why I crocheted a bunch of blankets my first winter quit! (And I'll probably do it again this winter, too.) Also, you have a great talent.

Mandolinrain

Thank you

0 Kudos
Giulia

One of your portraits would certainly be a goal worth striving for.  Not only do you have the satisfaction of achieving a One Year Quit Milestone, but you get to put your beautiful smoke-free face up on the wall too!

"Producing Art, caresses my soul"  And your art caresses our souls too!

One of my quit tools is to hang out here!

Mandolinrain

yeppers !

0 Kudos
marciem

Oh please keep posting your "quit tool", Missy.... you are so talented and it is so enjoyable to follow the process too!  

It is really inspiring!!!

Mandolinrain

Thank you

0 Kudos
Christine13

I always enjoy seeing a talented artist, and their works and you are very talented.  

xo

Mandolinrain

Thanks 

0 Kudos
elvan

This is spectacular!  I LOVE your quit tool!