cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Progression of Dale a.k.a.Jonescarp

Hi Family!

Hectic past week and I know you have all been there done that. Not lot of canvas time. Just cleaned up the paints and headed to work then grandkids arrive tonight thru Thursday.

Anyway, I have never done Oils on canvas. My only experience with it is doing Reverse Oil plantings on Glass., and you do mix colors the same but application is entirely different. Anyway, Dale is the second canvas portrait I have ever done in Oils. The first was our grand daughter.  So he's where I am now with Dale:

IMG_0333.jpgIMG_0413.jpgIMG_0414.jpg

See you kids in couple days, be have and no smoking!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
18 Replies
TW517

Wow! Super impressive!

MarilynH

Beautiful job absolutely beautiful Missy! 

YoungAtHeart

WOW!

Mandolinrain

YoungAtHeart‌ and Giulia.... I am tempted to redo yours in Oil now

0 Kudos

WOW! Great Job. you know I drew those blue glasses on don't you. 

I've been busy picking up the tile and getting my tools

together, blocking for grab bars and putting up cement board to start the tile

Mandolinrain

JonesCarpeDiem‌ yep I could tell they were drawn on, lol. I wont be painting them in the pic, hahaha. I am truly loving working with Oils. I fought with the acrylics doing portraits due to the way they dried so fast, but I was so used to using them in my murals. Anyway, I am sticking with the Oils now. Only thing is it may be a couple months before its dry enough to send to you.  Still working on it!

YoungAtHeart

It will be worth the wait!

elvan

Stunning, Missy, absolutely stunning!

Giulia

You do whatever your great heart tells you to do.  Wanna redo, wanna turn us into op art - whatever you do do, we are happy and grateful for YOU and your creativity!  Everybody should be so blessed to have someone paint a portrait of them. It's amazing humbling.  Well, unless your an egomaniac.