cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

In Loving Memory~Tribute to Smorgy8513~R.I.P.

On May 21st of last year Ex. lost one of our own. Smorgy8513, AKA-Sharon.

I personally never met her but I had read many of her posts. She was very special to many here and will always be remembered. In her honor I wanted to make sure she was added to the Elders Paintings. This photo was blurry and a bit difficult to paint but I worked all day today on it. I think it will need some more work but I guess its okay for now. I will probably fuss more with it in the next few days...

The people on this site touch my soul. Sharing your hearts and helping each other....it just does not get any better than that. Sharon started a blog on Loving yourself and I wanted to post one from that blog that spoke to me, in hopes it will lead others struggling with their quit-their life or whatever...that they may turn and love themselves. I highly recommend going back and reading all of that blog on 'Loving Yourself'.

From Smorgys Blog:

Good morning to my lovable friends here at the EX!       

Why is it important to learn to love ourselves?

Let's talk about that, ok?

I think (for me) a big one is that if I don't love myself I won't believe that I deserve good stuff!     And being smoke free is REALLY good stuff.

I smoked for so many years and now have cancer to show for it.     But I am blessed in that they found the cancer because I had bronchitis....not because I was so far gone that I have symptoms of the lung cancer.

So.....back to my reason.....I  need to love myself so that I won't go back to smoking   (1302 DOF today!)

What is your reason to learn to love yourself?

Sharon

pastedImage_1.jpg

1 of 1 people found this helpful

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A perfect message from a beautiful Soul. R.I.P. and Never Forgotten by us Exer's

Smorgy8513

IMG_4055.jpgIMG_4057.jpgIMG_4058.jpgIMG_4059.jpgIMG_4060.jpgIMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4062.jpgIMG_4064.jpgIMG_4063.jpg

If Anyone has any information of her family, I would like to send this to them or if anyone here had a special friendship with her, I will send it to you. Message me. Thanks

Tags (2)
24 Replies
Mandolinrain

We could pick a yearly date, and call it 'Memorial Bon Fire' and share our memories of the Exers we have lost.

Michwoman

I can't even tell you how awesome this is! I did have a couple short conversations on Facebook with one of her sons right after her passing. I will see if I can contact him again and ask him if they would like it! Thank you for this lovely tribute Missy!

SuzyQ411

Mandolinrain‌.. check out the post of  Michwoman‌ regarding the tribute to Smorgy in case you miss it as it's not tagged to you. Just didn't want you to miss out on knowing of her offer to try and contact a son of Sharon's / Smorgy's...

Mandolinrain

Michwoman‌, I will send it to you when its dry enough and you can send it off to them or keep for yourself

virgomama

What a thoughtful loving tribute.  I will definitely read the blog you posted.  

God bless her and her loved ones

Cindy