cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jewlz23

I love to diamond paint!

So, I have this other obsession besides my previous obsession with cigarettes and that is diamond painting. You create gorgeous pictures using tiny gems called "diamonds" or "drills" that adhere to the canvas. The canvas already has adhesive so you just lift up the sheer plastic covering and using a gem pick-up tool that is usually provided in the canvas, just place the gems on the corresponding symbol for that color. 

I have found this hobby really relaxing and it lets you be able to let your mind wander free while you place your "dots". I started this hobby back in 2021, so I have only been at it a couple of years but another part of the obsession is collecting the pictures...that is a whole other thing. Ha! 

You can buy these kits on Amazon or just do a search on Google or other search engine for "diamond painting" and several different companies will come up. I did my first painting with an Amazon kit that was less than $10 and became hooked right away. Some companies can be expensive or you can choose the lower cost companies and even AliExpress for some nice ones. BUT the FYI is: The lower cost companies do not license their work but the main stream companies do. That is just so that the artist gets compensated for their art each time a painting is sold through that company. 

Examples of some of the main companies are: Diamond Art Club (my absolute favorite), Dreamer Designs, Diamond Dotz, Crystal Canvas Art Designs, Craftibly, Treasure Studios Art, TOWTDA, Distracted By Diamonds, just to name several, but there are more. 

Examples of lower cost alternatives: AliExpress, Amazon, Temu, EverydayDeals, Fansells, Sunature, and many others. 

Once you have completed your painting, you can frame them yourself or have them framed for you. Framing yourself is much more affordable and there are many different ways you can do this. Then you find a place on your wall to hang. Or do like me and put them in a portfolio when you are completed. I have only hung up one that I have done and that was a picture of a steam locomotive for my husband. I used a posterboard frame for cheap. It sparkles and looks amazing. 

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! Maybe someone else will benefit from this post!

9 Replies
Barbscloud

@jewlz23 Sounds like a creative and relaxing hobby.  Thanks for sharing.  

Barb

jewlz23

It is very relaxing and fun to do. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen those , it looks like a big task and rewarding when it’s done . Would definitely help when quitting smoking .A great idea . It is a great suggestion .
I painted a Christmas village during one of my quits . My daughter still lights it up at Christmas .

Took up trying to paint / draw this quit and writing songs and skits and playing guitar , not real good at any lol but lots of fun . 

biscuit9

@jewlz23 Why am I surprised you would like this, considering your handle.  I had to look it up, I guess I lead a sheltered life.  It is beautiful art and I would enjoy seeing some of your work.  Sounds like a fun thing to do.  I crochet and that kept my hands busy.  

jewlz23

@Anonymous

It is very rewarding when done, but I started off by doing the smaller paintings and then graduated up. I don't have much room where I sit here at the computer so the biggest I do are around 50cm by 70cm. 

I  bet your Christmas village is gorgeous. You sound like you are really creative. 🙂 Have an awesome day! 

jewlz23

@biscuit9  

Good morning! I will try to take a few pics sometime today. It is going to be a busy day as I have a couple of appointments to get to, but I will take a few pics really soon. I used to crochet when I was a kid. We made doilies that were really ruffly. Back then we couldn't hardly give them away. Now crocheted items are treasures! I bet you do some beautiful work. 

WalkerTexas

I didn’t even think to look at kits to make these! My niece has some framed in her room that are beach scenes from Moana. I told my sister (her mom) that it was a really unique way to let the kids decorate! I feel like it’s something nostalgic that she won’t grow out of as fast as a poster. Very pretty! 

jewlz23

Some of these paintings are so mesmerizing. I bet those beach scenes are something! I love beach scenes and ocean scenes with all of the coral, fish, dolphins, whales, anemone, octopi, etc. I love quite a few paintings and I have collected several over the past few years. The art of doing it, keeps your hands busy and muscle memory takes over and then you can watch a movie, or listen to a book or whatever to keep the other half of your mind busy while you make your painting. Thank you for you for your reply. 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful day!  

❤️ Sherri

AJ27

Thank you! I’m going to check out diamond painting now. I’ve never heard of it before!