cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReallyReal

Crochet Project

I am teaching the women at one of  the organizations I volunteer at how to crochet.  There are always new members coming in so while some of the women have a lot of the basic stitches down, there are always women who need to start from the very, very beginning.  It can get a little hard to balance working with a little more advanced students and those who have never touched a crochet hook before.  I always pray that I might approach everyone with joy, compassion, patience and enthusiasm.  This Tuesday we are going to start learning how to do some granny squares for a handbag pattern I have.  I've never done this before so I tried making one.  In this picture are some of the elements of the handbag.  I have the backing on all the pieces and now I've just got to put it together.  Just wanted an example to show the women.  In the class I will do another one alongside my students with different colors and larger.

1000002086.jpg

8 Replies
Maki

That’s so kind @ReallyReal . I’ve always wanted to learn as well but try as I may could never learn . I don’t have much patience . My mother did however and made beautiful things that I still have. This is beautiful , the organization and the people you are helping learn a new craft is so lucky to have you . 

biscuit9

@ReallyReal    You can make so many pretty things from crochet.  I learned as a child, but have never taught anyone how to do it.  Good for you Raissa.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Beautiful colors @ReallyReal 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

@ReallyReal How special of you to teach others.   Another pretty project.

Barb

champsin97

It's nice that you are sharing your talents with others.  Kudos to you.

ReallyReal

I finished the project today so I should be ok with teaching it to others--made some mistakes, but mistakes teach us how to do better if we let them.

Thank you for your support of my crafty endeavors @champsin97 @Barbscloud @biscuit9 @Maki .  It is always nice to share the things that bring you joy with others.

1000002096.jpg

champsin97

Looks great!

0 Kudos
biscuit9

You are so talented.  How pretty!

0 Kudos