cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Don't let the nico-demon trick you, treat him with a great big SWAT! Stay Strong with a Daily Pledge!

Hello,

October is upon us! Soon we will be having frosty weather, some looking forward to it some not. Remember no matter what N.O.P.E. There is never a good reason/excuse to smoke! Stay strong, come here and make your daily pledge not to smoke!

I want to thank Cindy for all of her help and her 30-day challenge during September and all of you loyal pledgers for keeping you, me and many others lifted up and strong in our quits! Our most successful month in my 452 days! Stay Free xo    ~Terrie~

October 3rd

Image result for rosh hashanah      Image result for rosh hashanah      Image result for rosh hashanah    

See all images  

Rosh Hashanah

Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year. The biblical name for this holiday is Yom Teruah, literally "day shouting/blasting", sometimes translated as the Feast of Trumpets. It is the first of the Jewish High Holy Days specified by Leviticus 23:23–32, which usually occur in the early autumn of the Northern Hemisphere.    

en.wikipedia.org       · Text under CC-BY-SA license    

•         

Wikipedia
    •       

October 10th

Image result for columbus day       Image result for columbus day       Image result for columbus day     

See all images   

Columbus Day

Holiday    

Columbus Day is a national holiday in many countries in the Americas and elsewhere which officially celebrates the anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in and European discovery of the American …      

Columbus Day is a national holiday in many countries in the Americas and elsewhere which officially celebrates the anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in and European discovery of the American Continent on October 12, 1492. The landing is celebrated as "Columbus Day" in the United States, as "Día de la Raza" in many countries in Latin America and as "Día de la Hispanidad" and "Fiesta Nacional" in Spain, where it is also the religious festivity of la Virgen del Pilar. It is also celebrated as Día de las Américas in Belize and Uruguay, as Discovery Day in the Bahamas, as Día del Respeto a la Diversidad Cultural in Argentina and as Giornata Nazionale di Cristoforo Colombo or Festa Nazionale di Cristoforo Colombo in Italy and in the Little Italy's around the world. These holidays have been celebrated unofficially since the late 18th century and officially in various countries since the early 20th century.     

en.wikipedia.org        · Text under CC-BY-SA license     

•          

Wikipedia
    •        

October 12th

Image result for yom kippur             Image result for yom kippur             Image result for yom kippur           

See all images         

Yom Kippur

Yom Kippur, also known as the Day of Atonement, is the holiest day of the year in Judaism. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Jewish people traditionally observe this holy day with an approx…            

Yom Kippur, also known as the Day of Atonement, is the holiest day of the year in Judaism. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Jewish people traditionally observe this holy day with an approximate 25-hour period of fasting and intensive prayer, often spending most of the day in synagogue services.           

en.wikipedia.org              · Text under CC-BY-SA license           

•                

Wikipedia
      •              

National Boss Day

Boss's Day is generally observed on or around October 16 in the United States, Canada and Lithuania and India. It has traditionally been a day for employees to thank their bosses for being kind and fair throughout the year. This day was created for the purpose of strengthening the bond between employer and employee.

Halloween 2016 

•      
             Monday, October 31   

• (in 31 days)
      •      
    •    

Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, attending Halloween costume parties, decorating, carving pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns, lighting bonfiresapple bobbing and divination games, playing pranks, visiting haunted attractions, telling scary stories and watching horror films. In many parts of the world, the Christian religious observances of All Hallows' Eve, including attending church services and lighting candles on the graves of the dead, remain popular,[20][21][22] although elsewhere it is a more commercial and secular celebration.[23][24][25] Some Christians historically abstained from meat on All Hallows' Eve,[26][27] a tradition reflected in the eating of certain foods on this vigil day, including applespotato pancakes, and soul cakes.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
348 Replies
TerrieQuit

Let me extend my hand and proudly pledge that I will not smoke on October first, which in my time zone is 8 hours and 15 minutes from now and I might not be home to post this (hope my arm doesn't fall asleep, haha!) and I want it to be here for you! Have a great night! Who will take my hand?

Terrie 452 DOF

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

I will Terrie!! I will I will!! Let's start October right now!!

i will take the honor of holding onto your hand and committing to my pledge to NOT SMOKE NO MATTER WHAT!! Nothing will take my quit.  

I reach out to who will take my hand and stand strong and be accountable with me for the next 24 hours.    ?????? Will it be you??

cindy 180 DOF

0 Kudos
shashort

Hi everyone. Awesome October pledge Terrie.  Thank you Cindy for offering your free hand and I gladly take it and hold tight I pledge not to smoke no matter what!! the day has in store for me. I offer my free hand to the next person in line to pledge.

Sharon 140 Days of freedom

0 Kudos
fredb

Pick me Pick me!!!I will gladly take you had in a pledge to not smoke no matteer what. With your hand in mind and all our hands in the MAIN MAN'S hand we can't lose!! Fred 15 Days of non polluted air!!

0 Kudos
fredb

WHo do I have the privilige of holding your hand!

0 Kudos
jonilou

Good morning Fred! I gladly take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today, no matter what the day may bring. I offer my free hand to the next person in line and say- smoking is NOT an option! 

Joni 42 DOF

Thank you, Terrie for this beautiful October page!

0 Kudos
MePlus3

Good morning All! Those fall pictures are beautiful! Joni congratulations on 42 DOF I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what! SINAO!! Let's see what October has to bring us 😃 Kimberly 9 DOF
0 Kudos
elvan

Good morning, Kimberly.  I am happy to take your hand this first day of October as I pledge not to smoke, no matter what.

I am holding out my free hand to the next person in line waiting to pledge and start October RIGHT!

Ellen 986 DOF

0 Kudos
vanlil

Hey Ellen

Thanks for your hand that I3 will hold very tightly.............I pledge not to smoke today YEAH and I am holding out my othr hand to the next person in line for our Oct. 1st. pledge.

Lillian 106 DOF

0 Kudos