cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

fredb

Outside Help

One thing I am finding out about myself while quiting is that the more informed i am the better I lkike it. It really cuts down any anxiety I develope my trying to guess at  what to do or where to go for help. WHat do you folks think?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TerrieQuit

Yes, Fred you are exactly right being informed?educated is crucial to a Quit Deep breathing will help your anxiety and brisk walks too! Come to the Blogs and use HELP as your subject and we will come, give it about 15 minutes, sometimes not so long. Do HELP before you smoke! ~Terrie~ 

I am glad you are here!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

0 Kudos
vanlil

Yup - this is a WE program.  On this site - I never feel alone and gratefully the "poor me's" doesn't hit me.

When I get a "crave" I just say Oh Well - I might be having cravings BUT I DO NOT WANT TO SMOKE.

What a relief that is.

Lillian Day 99 tomorrow Sept.25

0 Kudos
fredb

Hi Gang...Day 9 and all is fine!! Went on a LONG road trip qwith my wife today to pick up a dog for our daughter. Finished the test yesterday and go in for the results on the 29th. I just want to live a better life while I still have life to live.Just like drinking I believe I can do it ione day at a time and with this support group it sure makes it ALOT easier. I havent drank in 31 years so maybe I can get some quality time with what I do have left of my lungs as well as possible improvement. Im so SAD that i didnt get serious sooner. As one member mentioned the lungs arewnot a redo...DAMN!!

0 Kudos
fredb

Hi Folks..Been a few dys since Ive been her . I havent smoke ANYTHING for 25days.! Feeing real good about that. It is amazing how easy it was to quit when it becames a life or death situation for me I pray I don't become complacent and think someday.." Well It's been such and such amout of time I think I'll just smoke one puff...or maybe just...just one cigarett.  This time I'll be different"..I know from experience with alcohol that this doesn't work for me ..I never could drink just one. So keep praynf for me as I will for you and maybe if it be gods grace we can be smoke freer one day at a time. Thanks for all the suppot. It reall really helps!!

0 Kudos