cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Declare your Independence from smoking

Keep your commitment strong! Join us and take the daily pledge not to smoke. We help keep each other accountable for our quit!

Here are a few interesting things happening in July:

Happy Canada Day on July 1rst for our Canadian friends!

Canada Day (FrenchFête du Canada) is the national day of Canada, a federal statutory holiday celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the Constitution Act, 1867 (then called the British North America Act, 1867), which united three colonies into a single country called Canada within the British Empire.[1][2][3] Originally called Dominion Day (FrenchLe Jour de la Confédération), the holiday was renamed in 1982, the year the Canada Act was passed. Canada Day observances take place throughout Canada as well as among Canadians internationally.

Independence Day (United States)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 

"Fourth of July" and "4th of July" redirect here. For the date, see     July 4. For other uses, see     Independence Day (disambiguation). For other related material, see     Fourth of July (disambiguation).  

Independence Day
Fourth of July fireworks behind the Washington Monument, 1986.jpg       
        Displays of fireworks, such as these over the        Washington Monument in 1986, take place across the United States on Independence Day.      
Also called The Fourth of July
Observed by the United States
Type National
Significance The day in 1776 that theDeclaration of Independence was adopted by the Continental Congress
Celebrations Fireworksfamily reunions, concerts, barbecuespicnics,paradesbaseball games

Independence Day of the United States, also referred to as the Fourth of July or July Fourth in the U.S., is a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, by the Continental Congress declaring that the thirteen American colonies regarded themselves as a new nation, the United States of America, and no longer part of the British Empire.[1] Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworksparadesbarbecuescarnivalsfairspicnicsconcerts,baseball gamesfamily reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the National Day of the United States.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
268 Replies
TerrieQuit

Hello, Everyone,

I pledge not to smoke and I offer my free hand to the next person with the willingness to commit to their quit!  Terrie 360 days free!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
Giulia

I have committed to my quit for over ten years, sometimes willingly, sometimes unwillingly, but I have done it nonetheless.  Commitment means - no matter what.  And I will take your's 360 day quit hand, Terrie and pledge to continue on that journey of commitment no matter what.  Day Won.  Never another Day One for me. 

Here's my hand on it for the next Pledgling to say the same....

0 Kudos
plug66

i take your hand and offer mine to the next person

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

Plug66!

Happy 4th Y'all 

i take your hand and pledge to not smoke and enjoy this weekend in Freedom!! I extend my hand to next to pledge.

Yes I Can ... Already did 89!!!!! DOF

cindy

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.    At first I thought there was a mistake in having a July pledge board........DUH!     It is July 1!

Cindy, I will take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what.   I will off my other hand to the next to come along.

Sharon 1061 DOF

0 Kudos
elvan

Sharon,

I proudly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what.  I offer my other hand to the next person to come along.

Ellen 894 DOF

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Good Morning! and Happy July!

Hello, Ellen, I take your and, gratefully as I pledge not to smoke and I offer my free hand to the next in line to make a pledge! Protect your Quit!  Terrie  361  days free!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Terrie I am honored to take your hand and pledge not to smoke and I extend my hand to the next person.  523 dof

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Jackie and congratulations on 523 Day!! I promise to not smoke today and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

Mag at 1081 Days of Freedom

0 Kudos