cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Freedom Train Feedback

1. Where would you like to see the Daily Freedom Train blog post listed?
2. Do you currently participate in the Freedom Train? If not, why not?
3. What would motivate you to participate daily in the freedom train?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Giulia

Perhaps in a Featured ACTIVE Group section?  (If groups ever return to being as active as they were under the ning platform.)

I participate as often as I can.  It's a great way to support others, keep the excitement going and celebrate milestones. 

Making it a kind of a game would motivate me to participate daily.  Or maybe seeing an animated train and every time a new person participates with a comment, a little train car would be added.  See how many cars would be added by the end of the day.  Or if there were special events that happened visually when someone reached their 1 week, 1 month... whatever milestone.  Sort of like one of those Quit Meter where a pop up displays and say Rah Rah you've achieved thus and so.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

1. Maybe our own tab at the top along with blogs, groups, members etc.

2. Yes

2. I participate just about everyday. There is some that i just don't have time but i am already motivated to support others as they have supported me.

@ Giulia- I think if it was a group, people would get more lost than they are now. There are some that don't know to click on group discussion and we are bound to have posts all over the place and not in the right areas.

what kind of games?

I think it would be difficult to achieve train cars although it is a good idea. I suggested to Mark about some of these milestones that i saw on another site although i doubt it could be used for the Freedom train blog, it's more of a site feature.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re Response #1

@Guilia

Is there a Freedom Train Group at this time? I looked and didn't find one. If so we could possibly feature it and make it more active.

The groups should be better on the next platform. Having an ability to search and find relevant groups will be helpful.

@Shawn

Will look into the option to add is as a Tab. More likely that it could go as a drop down to the Community Menu on the upper right. Thanks for the suggestion.

To some degree I agree with you that people are more likely to get lost here on this community but we're also looking in the future community where it's easier to know where you are on the site with respect to Discussions, Blogs, Groups, etc.

Re Response #3

@Giulia

Great idea on the train representation. I love it. Not sure if it could be done graphically but definitely there might be an option for people (1 per person) to be uniquely counted if they comment on the post. The other option might be for them to click a button in the root post (some sites have a Me Too! option.

Notifications about milestones is something different in my mind. This would be a notification automatically posted to a public "newsfeed" of sorts when a member reaches a milestone(assuming they are regularly confirming their quit date is still their quit date). The might also receive a notification email and/or on-site that congratulates them for reaching their milestone

@Shawn

You're talking about that other site where they post banners to Twitter/Facebook/etc on your behalf when you reach milestones?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

OMG!  Just a quick note if I may about the milestone notifications being "automatically posted to a public "newsfeed" of sorts when a member reaches a milestone". 

Please be aware that another quit community that changed to this feature March 1st of last year ended up (within just a few months) "caging the auto bots" from their public feed because it was of no value in that format & in fact was very disruptive to the active community. 

Instead the designated acknowledged anniversaries (yes, members regularly confirm that their quit date is still their quit date) are listed daily in a drop down menu which allows members to acknowledge milestones achieved.

I already predicted where I see this community is heading.  Time will tell.  Carry on.  🙂

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ladybug

Thanks for speaking up. I wasn't aware of this but I appreciate you passing on this feedback. This is precisely why I like to hear from you. You're an extra set of eyes. That being said we're trying to make conscientious decisions.  As with any community, you try things and some things fail and some things catch on.  The community always evolving. 

Would you mind sharing more details on "Where you see this community is heading"?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos