cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Mother May I Keep my Quit? No, Mother I WILL keep my Quit!

Many new Quits will bloom in the month of May and just as May flowers they need to be nurtured, and protected! Protect your Quits, come join us in the pledge!

A good way to do that is to join the New Daily Pledge Group! It is a featured group on our home page and there will also be a link to it on my page! If you are new or just haven't visited for awhile, simply scroll down to the comment box, reach out, take the person's hand before you and pledge not to smoke. You can state your # of days, your name, or post a picture or just make your promise, reach out to the next person and wha-lah that's it your done and we hope you will come back each day to keep your Quit strong!

May 8th is Mother's Day! If your mother is passed away or still here, let's celebrate our Mother's!

If you are a Mother, celebrate yourself!

Let's support and celebrate our Armed forces this month!

Memorial is on May 30th! 

Memorial Day

Holiday    

Memorial Day     

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday, which is observed every year on the last Monday of May, originated as Decoration Day after the American Civil War in 1868, when the Grand Army of the Republic, an organization of Union veterans founded in Decatur, Illinois, established it as a time for the nation to decorate the graves of the war dead with flowers. By the 20th century, competing Union and Confederate holiday traditions celebrated on different days had merged, and Memorial Day eventually extended to honor all Americans who died while in the military service. It typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.    

Monthly education for May is over! I always learn a lot from posting this pledge group and it's a reminder of how very precious our Quits really are! Let's Pledge to protect our Quits!

I am offering my hand to whoever will take it  and I pledge not to smoke, no matter what! My name is Terrie and I am 300 days smoke-free!

I Won,t Quit on my Quit!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
287 Replies
Cindiboo

What a beautifully put reminder of so much to celebrate, especially coming in May!!

super congratulations on 300 days !!!! You not only Rock your quit, your such a blessing and inspiration to many!!

I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke!!

I am Cindy and 27 days free!  Yes I can .. Cause I already did 27!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hi, Cindi with your 27 days, Congratulations!

I will take your hand and promise not to smoke, I offer my free and to the next person to pledge!

Terrie  300  days free! C~YA in the morning on the train!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Oh yes I'll take your strong hand, Terri and promise no to smoke this day.  Nice May pledge you put up!  And cheers for your 300 smoke free beauties!

Here's my hand held out to the next Pledgling to fly in.....

(By the way, our 5 baby blue birds flew the coup today.  A glorious way to celebrate a first day of May Pledge!)

0 Kudos
Legend

Hi Giulia, thanks for your hand I will hold on and pledge no smokes today no matter what happens and I am holding out my other hand to the next in line. I hope those blue birds have a happy life.  Nice pledge room Terrie I like it Great Job!!!

Christine 

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

Flying in and taking hold of your hand Giulia, The blue birds are beautiful! I pleadge to absolutley not smoke for the next 24 hours, and hold my hand out to the next to pledge.

Excellent Terrie on 300!!!! Look at you go! So proud of you

Cindy 28 DOF

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

And I will also take hold of Christine hand, and together we will all not smoke for the next 24 hours. And extend my hand to the next to pledge

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Cindy I accept your hand and pledge not to smoke. Terrie congratulations on 300 days  I extend my hand to the next person.  I am Jackie I have 462 days of freedom.  

0 Kudos

Jackie I take your hand and pledge not to smoke today and I reach out my free hand to the next in line to pledge Maureen Never give in Never give up Just say NO, a day at a time
0 Kudos
ShawnP

Dotgirl, taking your hand and pledging to not take one puff today. I reach my hand out to the next person in line.

0 Kudos