Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

Obdurate October Pledge

Jump to solution

Did you  

into your quit?  Of course not!  You probably  thought about it for years, made several attempts and finally decided to get serious by coming to this site and doing the work necessary to achieve that goal.

Be stubborn in your tenacity to your freedom.  A daily pledge as a Newbie is a good tool and strong affirmation of this glorious choice you've made.  It helps to hold you accountable.  As an Olbie a pledge once in a while is a loving and wise act of maintenance for your quit. 

Keep it close, love it.  Nurture it.  And never let it go!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giulia

@Arare  Thanks for your hand!  Here's the link to the new pledge page:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Celebrations-Events/October-Daily-Pledge-2021/m-p/1927985#M605...  The one you posted on is from 2015!  Congrats on your 2.7 years of tabaccofreeness.  Is there such a word??  lol   You can get to the current Daily Pledge from the Home page and then click on "Take the Daily Pledge.  Glad you made the pledge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
139 Replies
Giulia

I gladly take your hand from yesterday, Terrie, and start this months new plege by vowing to be true to my commitment - no matter what.  Holding out my other hand for the next to speak their pledge....

Giulia Day 3500

0 Kudos
jimmypage

I take your hand Giulia and pledge to myself and everyone who cares about me that I will not see smoking as an option, and I extend my other hand to whoever would like to take it.....

0 Kudos
cyn9

I take your hand Jimmypage and pledge to never smoke again and to help and encourage whom ever made need it, just as I have recieved, and I hold out my hand to the next pledger.....

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning to October and to my EX family.

Great start Giulia....almost every month you send me to my dictionary......

Love seeing the new faces here and the oldies coming by as well.

Cyn, I will take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what.  I extend my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon           DOF       (forgot how many.....I'll be back in a sec)

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

OK, fill in the blank.....787

0 Kudos

I'll pledge today that smoke will not enter my lungs. Unless it's from a pork shoulder or ribs. Reaching for the next pledge & keepin on.

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Good Afternoon All!

I gladly take your hand Mike and I pledge not to smoke, no way, no how! and I extend my free hand to the next in line to pledge!

Terrie  87  DOF

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I gladly extend my hand to you Terrie and pledge not to smoke, I am reaching out to the next person that may need to take my free hand and I will hold on tight. 

Marilyn 444 DOF 

0 Kudos

Hope I am grabbing Terrie's hand before anyone else gets it first as I pledge to NOT smoke today, this month, this year, this life and beyond and as I reach out my other hand to whoever else is willing to join me, smoke-free, into infinity ...

0 Kudos