cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

Jocund July Pledge

Jocund July Pledge 

Come take a hand and CELEBRATE your quit with your fellow travelers!  Make a promise to honor this loving commitment you've bravely made to yourself.  Each smoke-free day builds upon the next.  Until one day you turn around, look back and say,  "I can't believe how far I've come!" 

There is strength in this community.  There is power in a pledge.  There is safety in numbers.  We buoy each other up.

It is an honor to start this month's Pledge, and to share this journey with all who come here.

''

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
122 Replies
Giulia

I pledge not to smoke this day, no how - no way.  With Mag's hand in my left, I offer my right hand to the next Pledgling to fly on in.  (Giulia 3,409 cig free days)

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.     Love the pics Giulia!

I'm still having problems with me getting on the blogs and my profile but can sneak around by the back door to get on the groups!        I NEED TO HAVE THIS FIXED SO I CAN BE AT THE BONFIRE!!!

Won't smoke over it!

Giulia, thanks for your hand.    I take it and pledge not to smoke today no matter what.  I will offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 696 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning

Thanks for your hand Sharon and I pledge to not smoke for 24hrs and  extend my free hand to the next in line

Mag716DOF

P.S> I can't get on any blogs either for the last 24 hrs-what arethey doing or is it just me!!  Sharon-I went to their face book page and they are saying go to history in brouser-can't find it-sooo if I am not on here with blogs!!  

i CAN GET ON THE PLEDGE-ONLY!!!

Sharon-I got on-when you get on and it say you have reached us at a bad time-right click on it and then select refresh-it worked for me!!

0 Kudos
Eric_L.

Hi,

I take Mag's hand and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours and extend my hand to the next in line.

Eric 85 DOF

P.S. 🙂 I still don't know what the point of likes and hi 5's is in the context of the blogs on this site.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Eric, as to the new Like and High 5 buttons - I think they've been added for several reasons.  One - is for those who are perhaps used to Facebook (which I'm not), but apparently they have a Like button there. So for those who are not ready to jump into the blogs verbally by posting something because they’re shy or whatever,  they can just click on the Like button which says "yeah, I got you're point and I like it.  Thank you!"  Some people are not ready, willing nor able to post their own words on blogs.  They just aren’t.  But a Like button enables them to at least give acknowledgment for something they found beneficial.  That's what the Like button means to me.  I LIKED what you said.  It resonated with me.  I identify.  The High 5 button - well I didn't get it at first, but now  I think I do.  I think it means WAY TO GO!  Ya done good!  Keep it up.  Congrats!  But then I too get confused because what's the difference between a "like" "I totally agree with you, you said it brother!"  And a “high 5"  WAY TO GO!
But ultimately - doesn't really matter.  Both are positive responses - just slightly different.  As our Admin said:  "While both the "Like" and the "High-Five" give positive reinforcement, they do mean different things. Think of the a "Like" as simply liking something. And a high-five is more encouragement and saying good job."

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.      I am so grateful that I am FINALLY (I think) on the site with all things accessible.       

Eric....welcome to the group!

Giulia, thanks for your hand (did you extend your hand?).     I will take it and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!      I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 697 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

Thanks for your hand Sharon  and i pledge not to smoke for 24 hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line!!

Mag at 717 Days of Freedom

0 Kudos
Giulia

@Sharon - actuallly no, I didn't offer my hand I was too eager to babble my opinion on the buttons for Eric!  lol  - But I'm glad you took it anyway!

Mag thanks for yours.  I swar I'll not smoke this day.  Let Freedom Ring!  Here's my other paw for the next Pledgling.....

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning!     Happy 4th!      Don't forget the bonfire later.

Giulia, thanks for your hand.    I will take it as I pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!      My other hand is extended to the next in line.

Sharon 698 DOF

0 Kudos