cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

JUMPIN' JUNE PLEDGE

June - what does June mean to you?  Is it the month you started your quit?  Is it the name of your aunt who died of a smoking disease or your daughter who has begged you to quit for a long time?  Is it the June Bug that bashes against your screens saying "Pay attention to me!"

Those of us with long-term quits pledge silently every day to maintain our freedom.  We awaken with it in our hearts.  Though it's not something we consciously  think about much,  we know it's important to re-connect now and again.  The newbie awakens with the hope that they will make it through another day.  The quitter who has several months smoke free may need a commitment boost.  Whatever your reason for coming here,  understand that this is a wonderful tool for quit maintenance and a place where -  in that moment when you need to re-affirm your quit  to protect and preserve it - there will be a hand to hold during the journey.   Your quit is a Magnificent Jewel.  Never let it go!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
98 Replies
Giulia

Summer I take you hand from yesteday and promised not to smoke this day.  Freedom is a glorioius thing!  Here's my other hand reaching out for the next Pledgling......

0 Kudos
annimarlee

The first of June.  A big bright moon.
I'm pledging my love today.
No smoke for me.  I will be free.
Together we'll find the way.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Annimarlee I take your hand and pledge this day not to smoke and I reach my hand out  to touch the next pledgee..............

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Jackie I take your hand and pledge not to smoke today and I extend my other hand to the next in line ...... Tomorrow is my sisters B-Day and the anniversary of my divorce ....Many years ago ! lol

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Thank you Jackie for you hand, I gladly take it and promise to not smoke for 24hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line

Mat at 685 Days of freedom

0 Kudos

Good Evening Mag, I know begin my committ to myself to stop smoking for the next 24 hrs. I extend my free hand to the next person in line.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning all!    Hello Summer, my friend!    Glad to take your hand as I pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what may come along.    I offer my other hand out to the next in line.      

Sharon      666 (don't like that number, but it is only for 1 day)  DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning

I gladly take your  hand Sharon and pledge not to smoke for 24hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!

Mag at 686 Days of freedom

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good Morning All!  Got a bit scared when I couldn't find where to "pledge".  Duh! Finally did a search and low and behold I found this life line group.

Hi Sharon, I gratefully take your hand in mine and pledge not to smoke today.  I also extend my other hand in friendship and support to the next person in line.

So glad to be Jumpin' in June.   Victoria

0 Kudos