cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorgy8513

Hanging out with Sharon

Thanks John for welcoming me and letting me know how to start.     

OK, I started a program called Nutrimost on the 1st of March.    It is intense for the first 3 stages, limited calories and using some of their supplements.    (also costly).      I'm done with the first 3 phases and will begin on Monday to add foods back to see what my body can tolerate.     In this 2nd phase there has been no sugar, no starch, no processed foods.   Didn't think I could do it, but I did.      Lost 25 lbs and 10.5 inches.     Feeling great and I notice my pain (fibromyalgia and arthritis) is much less...I've decreased pain meds.

Now I get to start adding foods while I keep within 2 lbs either way of my "set weight". Also many more calories.  I'm looking forward to some new veggies and fruits than I've had.

Yesterday was my first day with my Fitbit.    It not only tracks my steps (only 2847 on 1st day) and my sleep.      Today I add more steps.    Will increase each day until I get to my 10,000.

OK, I've rambled.     Thanks for listening.

This looks like this is the "EX site mentality with the healthy eating/exercise focus".   

I love it.

Sharon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
35 Replies

Hi Sharon and Welcome.  Almost all of us here have a fitbit and we are trying to get John to get one.  Once you get used to one it's hard to be without it even when it's charging. 

25 pounds wow I'm impressed:):).  Have a great one.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

You didn't ramble one bit! That was great. Super good for you, with your weight loss. You must feel pretty darn good about that. 

I think the fitbit is a great idea, and I do think it is a great / fun tool for useful progress. I have'nt gotten one yet. (For the record... I did talk about it with the wife) and I'm still thinking about it. 

For your second phase check out the Oopsie Roll recipe on the Menu & Recipe page. I love these things for sandwiches.

We all have different approaches Sharon but I think we all have a "common" goal of just being healthier by paying attention and applying some forever disciplines to stay there. My current approach is very odd with a lot of dehyhrated meals from the Asian supermarket (including seaweed) and juicing. If I go on, I'll be rambling.... 

So... CONGRATULATIONS ON YOU! 

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Hi sharon! Glad to see you have joined us. You're doing great! When i originally started to lose weigh last year, most of my back pain was gone. Some can't be helped but it surely wasn't like before. I knew when i started to put some weight back on again, i could feel it. You start to become aware of your body and it lets you know when you misuse it hehe.

Fitbit is great and i never regretted getting this long ago. I have bought exercise equipment in the past and never stuck with it but my fitbit doesnt leave my body. "he's my best friend" hehehe 

@ John, don't you think it's time to get that fitbit??? 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Not yet Shawn, Gotta study on it a bit. Plus $$$. But still like the idea a lot.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Went to weigh in dr on Sat.    I'm now done with drops, will eat VLC (very low calorie) for 1 more day (today) and then start adding back in foods.    They calculated that I should eat 1994 calories per day.    Not supposed to lose weight over the next 3 weeks while my body adjusts to new "set weight".        Excited I can have more foods, worried that I won't be able to get that many calories in.     I've gotten some tips from the others on the support site I attend.     Let's see how it goes.

AND......I am no longer considered OBESE!       I am now considered OVERLY FAT/SOLIDLY BUILT!          I like hearing the first part!!!

Stay strong People!

Sharon

0 Kudos

Good Job Sharon!!!!!  There are so many good options out there on "good for you foods" that you will find what's right for you.

CONGRATS!!!!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

That is great Sharon! I just learned I am OBESE, (such an ugly word to me), BUT it's also "factual" and being obese is probably the next most unhealthy thing we can do to ourselves (after smoking and addictions).

SO GOOD FOR YOU! What an achievement.

Thanks so much for sharing, I think I just leaned a key from your comments. After reaching a "set weight" go three weeks stabilizing. That's a BIG KEY of wisdom there (I think). I like that method a lot.

I hope you enjoy some good eats while maintaining your set weight. YOU CAN DO IT!

Curiosity??? What's the other site you use? Have a good one Sharon.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I am curious what site too 🙂

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

The program I'm doing is Nutrimost.    Facebook has a support site for those doing the program.    I've learned so much about how to do this from there....more than from my dr office.            You have to ask permission to join....don't know if they can turn anyone away....I don't think they have a way to check if you are REALLY doing the program.

Another good site to learn about healthy foods is Nutrimost Recipes.    It is run by a chiropractor that does this program out of her office.      It is available for anyone.   Good recipes.     I did the Oopsie Rolls and Keto bread last night.     I'll let you know how they taste as i'm having both today.

This morning for breakfast had a smoothie.     Spinach, 1/2 avocado, almond milk, blueberries and protein powder.     Good.

And Bulletproof coffee!      To a cup of coffee add 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1 teaspoon ghee.  Added some hazelnut Stevia.     Blend it up with hand blender.

Fantastic!!!!!

So far liking phase 4!

Question:    When anyone responds to our posts here and I see them on the side of the blog page....can anyone see them or just those on this group?

Stay strong.....we're all doing this together!

0 Kudos