cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

What are uhQUIT points and how can you earn some?

There is a Spirit along with  Structure & Rules to the uhQUIT plan. but first, please read on to get the Basic Concept

Basic Concept:  To "Forever Quit" cetain bad habits according to YOUR OWN guidelines.

A Dear member, Donna made a strong statement that this healthier habit stuff was a lot harder than quitting smoking. I responded by saying, "I didn't think there could be anything harder than quitting smoking" (meaning at the beginning of our quits). But she insisted it was harder and I pondered, 'why"?

It dawned on me quitting tobacco was quitting (1 thing) Introducing healthier habits into our lives can consist of quitting many many things, and if we try to do them all at once..... It's a breeding field of frustration.

We learned to embrace and personalize our Tobacco Quit by referring to it in different contexts such as, "Our Forever Quit", "Our Quit",  "Hug Your Quit", "You Own Your Quit", "Don't Lose Your Quit", "Your Quit Is Strong" and so it goes. These things are powerful motivators and the most powerful one is "Our Forever Quit".

To apply this to healtier habits, I couldn't just use the word QUIT because "Our Quits" already refers to a great accomplishment.

So I invented the uhQUIT series. (unhealthy habit QUIT's)

IN THE SPIRIT OF DIETE, QUIT YOUR UNHEALTHY HABITS   ONE AT A TIME. QUITTING SMOKING WAS   ONE BAD ADDICTION / HABIT. NOW WE CHOOSE TO ADDRESS MANY OTHERS. THESE ARE OUR "unhealthy habit QUITs" or (uhQUITs)

Sometimes it is not "what you do" but instead "what you do not do" that makes all the difference in the world.

I'm not allowing comments here but   I WANT to hear your comments and suggestions so please   Click Here to leave them in my "Living Room". THANKS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are some examples of my unhealthy habit QUITs. 

uhQUITs Progress {# of points} { 18 }

cofQUIT (10) // ltwQUIT <258.5 (7) // toxQUIT (1) // dbeQUIT ()

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY coffeeQUIT rules: I allow myself 2 cups of coffee a day (or less). If I do that successfully it counts as a successful cofQUIT day.

MY  less than weightQUIT rules: I choose a weight I cannot exceed. If I do not exceed that weight it counts as a successful ltwQUIT day.

MY  daily binge eatingQUIT rules: For myself. I define binge eating as anything beyound having seconds or thirds. Having 2 or 3 "1 serving size" bowls of chips.is over eating. Eating the whole bag is binging. I have NOT set my dbeQUIT rule yet.

You continue to total all your 3 letter quits (xxxQUIT) daily and that TOTAL equals your total uhQUIT points. If you relapse a 3 letter quit you subtract DOUBLE that amount off your total uhQUIT points. You then start all over on the xxxQUIT you relapsed on.

There's a whole set of guidelines in my head that I continue to refine as time allows BUT REMEMBER each xxxQUIT is a Forever QUIT and after you think you mastered it , it gets retired. So set the bar low or within how you want to live. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I WANT to hear your comments and suggestions so please Click Here to leave them in my "Living Room". THANKS

Tags (1)
0 Replies