cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shicinder

Just introducing myself

Hi everyone Im new to this site and saw your group and thought i would join im due to quit in 2 weeks and im a bit overweight 165 I have tried to quit 2 times already but stress and major weight gain realed me back in i was 140 when i quit and at 190 when i started smokeing again. I lost weight from basicly starving myself i know its not good but i felt so degusted with what i had become and was basicly punishing myself I want to be healthy not just thin and smoke free. well thats my story lol.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

You came to the right place but one of our first things we like to tell people is your quit comes first.  You really need to read everything you can on quiting and get strong in that area.  We each have our own journey and we each have quit more than once.  This is my forever quit so getting healthy is key for me.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

You are welcome here and I'm going to mimic Bonnie. Your quit is the most important thing you can do for your health and mental prowess. I'm also on my forever quit and it is my quit that is empowering me to pursue more challanging healthy habits.

Starving yourself is not good so feel free to chat with us even if maybe we don't know what we're doing too much either. I checked out your (Main) page and noticed no blog. Now is a great time to start blogging (on the main site) and sharing what you are going through for the next to weeks. 

WELCOME to becomeanEX.org and our little side group.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Welcome to our group and to the site. I am agreeing with Bonnie and John about quit comes first. Its too difficult to do both at the same time. Read, educate yourself on site. When you do quit, you can make healthier options for snacking but at that time don't worry about your weight. That can come later. Definitely do what John said about blogging. Introducing yourself to the community is a great start. We are all like family here and are here to help you!

0 Kudos
djmurray

Hi!  I'm sorry I missed your post 3 days ago, and I do agree with everyone else that right now you should concentrate on your quit.  I might also suggest that you need to stop beating yourself up -- you are fine just like you are, and your body is going to love you for quitting smoking.  When you're feeling confident about your quit is when you might think about doing something with your weight.  I quite 90 days ago and put on 10 pounds really quickly.  I was already overweight (I'm 5'3' and a month ago I weight 210).  So I'm eating much more healhily now and working exercise into my day.  But I couldn't have started doing that in the first couple months of my quit. 

I agree with Shawn that this is the best place you can be for support for your quit, and when you're ready to address the weight issue, we will be right here.

0 Kudos