cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

Menu's and Recipes

Menu suggestions THANKS ELLEN

MONDAY

Breakfast: Oatmeal with coconut milk, honey, chopped nuts and berries. Cranberry juice.

Snack:  Apple with nut butter. Coffee

Lunch:  Hummus, whole wheat pita, feta cheese, carrots, peppers, celery, cucumbers

Snack:  Soy yogurt w/ 2 TBS granola

Dinner:  Veggie stirfry with fresh ginger and turmeric, brown rice or quinoa

Snack: Banana, Peppermint tea

TUESDAY

Breakfast: Veggie omelet, cranberry juice

Snack: Whole wheat toast with nut butter, Coffee

Lunch: Salad with cabbage, carrots, avocado, peppers, olive oil dressing, flax seeds

Snack:  Popcorn

Dinner:  Baked sweet potato with quinoa and cranberry pilaf

Snack:  Dried fruit and almonds, Peppermint tea

WEDNESDAY

Breakfast: Baked apple with chopped nuts. Cranberry juice

Snack: Steamed Edamame. Coffee

Lunch:  Brown rice, Eggs over easy, grilled peppers

Snack:  Pineapple

Dinner:  Polenta, Braised greens, grilled chicken

Snack:  Whole wheat toast with nut butter. Peppermint tea

THURSDAY

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with fried sweet potato.

Snack:  Hummus and veggies

Lunch: Chili and corn bread

Snack:  Smoothie

Dinner:  Pad Thai over Brown Rice

Snack:  Fresh berries and yogurt

FRIDAY

Breakfast: Grits with parmesan cheese

Snack: Dried fruit and nuts

Lunch:  Vegetable barley soup

Snack:  Fruit with nut butter

Dinner:  Chicken Enchiladas

Snack:  Popcorn

SATURDAY

Breakfast:  Whole wheat French toast with honey, nuts, and berries.

Snack:  Guacamole with veggies

Lunch:  Curried vegetables over quinoa

Snack:  Grapes

Dinner:  Vegetable frittata

Snack: Whole wheat toast with nut butter

SUNDAY

Breakfast: Johnny Cakes with butter, honey, nuts, and apples

Snack:  Edamame

Lunch:  Chicken and brown rice soup

Snack:  Soy yogurt and granola

Dinner:  Falafel with yogurt sauce, whole wheat pita, cucumber salad

Snack:  Pineapple

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
27 Replies
ShawnP

I made these just a little bit ago. Taste really good with smart balance light marg and sugar free cherry preserves. i felt like i was eating a dessert with my omelet. yum. 

Oopsie Rolls

Oopsie Rolls

Print

Prep/Rest  

20 mins   

Cook time  

40 mins   

Total time  

1 hour   

Author:    Vered DeLeeuw

Recipe type:    Low Carb

Yield:    makes 6 oopsie rolls

Ingredients 

• Nonstick cooking spray
  •    
  • 3 large eggs
  •    
  • ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
  •    
  • 3 ounces (100m grams) full-fat cream cheese, cold, cubed
  •    
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  •   

Instructions 

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
  3. Separate the eggs, making sure no yolk gets into the whites and placing the whites in a clean, non-greasy bowl.
  5. Using a clean, non-greasy electric whisk, whip the egg whites and the cream of tartar until stiff.
  7. In a separate bowl, use the same whisk to whisk together the yolks, cream cheese and salt, until smooth.
  9. Using a spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, working in batches. Work by placing a mound of egg whites on top of the yolk mixture, then gently fold the yolk mixture from under and over the egg whites, rotating the bowl, again and again until the mixture is incorporated. You want to use the folding technique because you want to keep the air bubbles intact in the egg whites.
  11. Spoon 6 large mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press with a spatula on the top of each mound to flatten just slightly.

Bake 30-40 minutes, until golden-brown.

1. Cool a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet, then gently transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in a slightly open Ziploc bag in the fridge for a couple of days.
        Nutrition Per Serving  

Serving size:     1 oopsie roll; Calories:     91.3 Total Fat:     8.1 g Saturated fat:     3.6 gCarbohydrates:     0.8 g Sugars:     0.6 g Sodium:     124 mg Fiber:     0 g Protein:     4.2 g 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

3/26/15 Five Stars / John

I followed the recipe exactly (but doubled it) They came out just like the pctures.

These are delicious within thier own entity, Like a tortillia or taco shell do not take the place of bread neither do these.

Great flavor and strong enoiugh to spread peanut butter without breaking apart. A fantastic sandwich medium and wonderfully unique item with many uses to explore. 

I used the parchment paper (cut into squares) to seperate and freeze the oopsies.

THANKS SHAWN. It's a winner!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I knew i had to try before i posted. I am wondering if putting almond extract in there would change the consistency of the dough. That would flavor it good. The reason i got that idea was from the sugar free cherry jam that tasted like it.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

I think if the whites get whipped very good, different flavors (dessert or savory) could be added to the yolks  and it should fold in well and bake good. It's worth a try. 

The almond sounds delicious

0 Kudos

YUm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   save some for me.  

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Low Carb Yellow Squash Casserole

Prep Time: 20 Minutes         

Cook Time: 35 Minutes         

Ready In: 55 Minutes         

Servings: 8         

"This low-carb yellow squash casserole is loaded with almonds and Colby-Jack cheese for a higher-protein version of the traditional side dish." 

INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon olive oil     

1 teaspoon butter     

1 small onion, chopped     

2 cloves garlic, minced     

4 cups peeled and cubed yellow squash     

1 teaspoon kosher salt     

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black     

pepper     

1/3 cup finely chopped raw almonds     

1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack     

cheese, divided     

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream     

2 eggs     

1/3 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted     

almonds     

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil-butter mixture until softened, about 3 minutes. Add squash, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer squash mixture to a large bowl.
3. Mix raw almonds and 1/2 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese together in a bowl; stir into squash mixture. Whisk cream and eggs together in a measuring cup or small bowl; stir into squash mixture. Pour squash mixture into a 9x13-inch casserole dish; top with remaining Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and roasted almonds.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is golden brown and bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.

When i made it, i added cashews instead of almonds and also used parmesan cheese on top along with the other cheese.  Another variation that some suggested was to add a can of rotel with chilis. 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

That looks Awesome Shawn! Here's mine for the day.

I picked up Asparagus, Tomatoes, Bell Pepper. Cut into bitesize chunks, Roasted with oil, garlic cloves and onions 425 for 30 -45 min.  Put roasted veggies (warm or cool) on bed of spinach.

Made Mustard Reduced Balsamic Dressing. (Have you all ever reduced Balsamic Dressing?)

So easy and versatile. Put 1/2 cup on stove and boil down to syrupy consistency. It turns a vineger into a sweet sauce. You learn what consistecy you like and add anything you want to it, from seasonings to condiments. Add some h2o and oils and make some delicious imaginations on a plate.

I reduced mine and added a tbsp course mustard and a tsp honey, a touch of h2o and oil for consistency.. OMG, perfect with the roasted veggies.

0 Kudos

Both of these look great I am so glad you put it on here I love squash and veggies of all kind.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Oopsie roll update: (Note, double recipe)

I flavored my Oopsie rolls today with onion and garlic and it worked. And I think we can add just about anything to the yolks to adjust the flavor into any direction we want. I did two (Doubled) batches today. one plain and one as follows.

1/2 small-med onion 

6 cloves garlic

Soften / Sweat onions & garlic, Let cool down, add to 6 yolks and blend in small blender until  mostly smooth.

Follow Qopsie recipe from there with cream cheese, etc.

They came out great, maintained thier structure with a hint of garlic/onion flavor.  The next one I want to do is sundried tom's and basil. 

0 Kudos