cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elvan

Elvan aka Ellen

I loved that John included something about our reasons for eating...I am trying really hard to remind myself that food is supposed to be fuel.  It is not supposed to be a reward, it is not supposed to be something to "comfort" us...who ever thought of the term "comfort food?"  

I do not eat a healthy diet, I think I used to when my kids were younger and I had to make them eat right but as time has passed, I rarely cook anything and I rarely eat anything that isn't loaded with sugar or salt or just plain garbage.  I KNOW better but I just do not seem to be able to remember that.  When I eat during the day, I get really sleepy...likely because of my choices.  My future daughter in law said that she MAKES herselt eat something for breakfast, even if it is "just" a slice of toast with peanut butter on it.  

I made myself oatmeal and put some vanilla almond milk on it before I went ot bed last night, that was my somewhat healthy snack.  I will admit that I sweetened it with some "light" maple syrup.  I cannot, honestly, remember what I have eaten today because it was such a crazy day...going to get my shoulders injected, the office is over an hour away from here.  Most of the day was taken up either traveling there and back or stopping to get groceries on the way home...oh and the inventory which I am hoping I will seriously SOME DAY bring to completion.  

I am going to try to type in some more of my future daughter in law's menu suggestions...I am not sure if I mentioned this but I did ask her about portions and she believes more in eating reasonable amounts, not gorging yourself because it tastes good but also not limiting yourself to 1/4 C or some other measurement. the dark fruits she recommends are plums, blueberries, purple or red grapes, and strawberries.  I did not ask about apples but some of them have dark skins.  I know exercise is huge and I am going to try to really make an effort to add that to my days.

I am not interested in losing weight, I AM interested in becoming more toned and more importantly, healthier, able to breathe better and have more energy.  I think that a healthy diet may be the key to that.

Stay tuned...,menu suggestions to follow...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
John10forteen

Good Morning Ellen, 

It's nice coming to your living room to chat. Thank you so much for starting your  menu discussion page. I included the link below or it can be found in the goup discussion section. Thanks again Ellen for posting this.

Menu suggestions from future daughter in law

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/1961-menu-suggestions-from-future-daughter-in-law

It sounded like you had a real busy day and I think that is the biggest obstacle to relearning healthy habits. And I think that's why it's important to be proud of the little steps we do. I honestly believe it's the healthy journey that is more important than fast results.

I tend to trust Connecticut Public TV and it happened to be on this week when these two shows came on. I'm not sure if these are just hype and sales advertisements BUT while listening to them I thought of you.

(Feel Grand.org with Jane Seymore / CPTV)  (AGING Backwards with Miranda Esmonde-White / CPTV)

0 Kudos
John10forteen

What does everyone think about changing the group’s name to 

1) Habitually Healthy

2) Healthy by Habit

3) .... other ideas....?

0 Kudos

Considering it's still a journey and we will be learning as we go.

1  Making Healthy a Habit.

2  On the road to Healthy.

0 Kudos
elvan

This is really confusing...WHERE are we supposed to respond?  I already said that I liked all of them because they basically all have the same message, when you want people to see these messages, do you have to individually send them to everyone?

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Dear Ellen, Sorry for the confusion. I'm posting anything to do with the group in everyones living room. Right now there are only 4 active group members so it's easy for me to do it this way. I CHECK ALL 4 LIVING ROOMS when it is group related for now. I DID get your post in my living room so you can reply in anyones living room and I'll get it. Just once is good. Again(just for now) if it is group related I want to be sure all 4 of us see it.

Does that help? if not please don't worry, Don't stress, you're awesome. it's all good. Growing pains that's all. 

SO HERE'S ANOTHER ONE TO LOOK AT (Just ignore it if you've already read and commented on it somewhere else)

GROUP INFORMATION:

I FINISHED THE GROUP DISCLAIMER, PLEASE READ AND POST YOUR COMMENTS. I WILL KEEP THIS TOPIC OPEN FOR ABOUT 1 WEEK AND THEN I WILL CLOSE THE COMMENTS AFTER REVIEWING AND ADJUSTING THE DISCLAMER IF WARRENTED. THANK YOU ALL.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Smoke free and a bit lighter than yesterday.

MAKING HEALTHY A HABIT (Group Disclaimer) Click on link

0 Kudos

Hi Ellen,  Just stopping by to say HI!!!!!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Hi Ellen. Stopping by to read. I left u a question in Johns living room LOL

0 Kudos
djmurray

Hi, Ellen -- I haven't been to the group for quite a while so I'm stopping in everyone's living room to say hello and to apologize for not being here.  I know you're on limited access, but when you get this know I'm thinking about you.  Love, Donna

0 Kudos