cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

little-turtle

24 hours a day

I've quit so many times. I'm going to try (don't try, just do, I hear my brother scream at me) to write here daily even if there is no support.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
thanks2thee

all is well little turtle.......let what is behind u, stay behind u.....when we talk about what's passed, it seems that it's not passed when we remind ourselves of what was.....well,,,,,,,,what was..... is gone......dwell on and share on the good things that were, even when we were smoking......NOW, look ahead to see what u want for  yourself, without cigarettes......and then start sharing about what's ahead for U......when u feel what u feel, in the moment.....just feel it.....don't act on it .......(good, bad or indifferent) and before u know it, it's behind u......hope u see where i'm going with this.........In all, u really have support......and that support is u, and JESUS........BELIEVE IT OR NOT......i read other peoples blogs, just like u do....... i don't see much on my comment page, BUT, i receive alot of comments in my email box.......but in the end, when i'm sitting in that quiet place, all alone.....i think of JESUS.....and all of his support for all these many years, in the other areas of my life........and  (NOT) smoking doesn't seem to be  that hard to put it behind me. i'm looking ahead to see and feel what GOD has in store for me......HE supported me when i did smoke (WOW) I can hardly wait to see what's ahead without cigarettes,    u feel me   LVU    Hope this made some, sense to u because it didn't to me.......  HAHAHAHA......LVU.....thanks2thee@gmail.com

0 Kudos
mdconway27

Little Turtle, it's good to write here everyday.  Think of it as your journal.  Write here when you're thinking of smoking a cigarette or as someone said a "sickarette" because that's exactly what it is and as T.D.Jakes said in one of his sermons, think of yourself as a giraffe.  Although their born with a small neck, it grows tall and they look up, not down.  So, think of yourself as a giraffe and start looking up.  I've been trying too and i'm determined not to give up on myself until i stop completely. 

I keep a clear container half full of water and whenever i smoke a "sickarette", i put the butt in the container and watch as the water slowly turns dark and i know that it's not the nicotine but all of the other chemicals in the cigarette that i'm putting in my lungs.  Also, when i see those STOP SMOKING commercials really give me more incentive to stop because i want to live as long as i can and as healthy as i can.

Keep the faith,

mdconway27 🙂

0 Kudos
fatal5star

had a good smoke free day what great day

0 Kudos
mrsmylo309

I am really enjoying everyone comment. I am new here and already feel the love and support. Well my quit day is 1/10/2015 and my plan to be an ex is to pray harder and everytime I get the urge to smoke I will hold a celery stick in my hand and crunch on it and say out loud... I'm a winner. Be encouraged guys.
0 Kudos
paradise2

I have also tried to quit more times than I can really remember. Now I'm at a place and time in my life that I just can't keep going down that same road. I have taken a long look at my life up till now and because I smoke I missed out on a great deal of things. My problem is that I started taking BC Powders, which is an aspirin in powder form, and drinking Mt.Dews. My ritual every morning when I wake up, before I crawl out of bed is grab a BC Powder, MT.Dew and cigarette. In order to break one habit I have to break all three at once. If I felt hungry instead of eating I would do all three again. I drank Mt.Dew all day and night nothing else, BC Powders every four hours and your only suppose to take 1 every 6 hours not to exceed 4 in 24 hours and not to take more than three days, a pack of cigarettes a day. So now I have to stop all three because I did them together for ten years now that one without the other makes it hard to quit any of them. No one around me thinks I can quit and they voice it every day. I decided to quit this past Sunday when I became sick and the taste of everything made me nauseas. I have lived on water every day till yesterday when I was finally able to eat. I still tried to smoke but it made me sick so I would put them out after lighting them. I can't light one now and smoke it because it still makes me sick so does the Mt.Dew and BC powders. So I am fighting the addiction of all three right now. I tried to light a cigarette an hour ago and got sick. So my body has had all it can take of these addictions but my mind keeps pushing me to keep trying to do them. I have started praying about it and now I seek support from strangers who might be going through the same as me. I know I need help from friends but my friends don't seem to care either way. So I hope to make friends here to get support and give support. We can do this, I beieve we can do this. I believe every one can with the right support and friendships.

0 Kudos
tracey37

Morning, I decided to quit and I would like to be a healthier me.  So i'm chewing nicotine gum and making this site my go to for support.  I wish the best for all of you and with the upcoming year I believe we'll be able to accomplish alot including living a healthier way of being.  

0 Kudos