cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnP

Lifestyle Changes/ Water Pledge

I pledge with Sharon to drink 8 glasses or more of water today.

Went shopping and got lettuce for 69 cents. Its been awhile since i have seen it at that price but i am trying to eating more salads. I also bought Schwebels country hearth Lite 100% whole wheat bread for my toast in the morning. I have been taking 132 calories for 2 slices and this bread is only 70 calories for 2 slices. I have 62 extra calories to eat something else. I tried also that popup bowl by Orville Redenbacher. It was sweet/salty. You can eat just about the whole bag for under 200 calories. 

0 Kudos
214 Replies
candylance

I willl pledge to drink 8 or more glasses of water but I binged today. I ate a bunch of pistachioes and then I felt guilty and ate grapes for lunch with 3 baby carrots. Now I'm chewing sugar free gum. Boy, I'll never buy shelled pistachioes AGAIN!! Now I'll go and have another glass of water. Wonder if it'll wash away the pistachioes!! I will also take a laxative because I am anemic and have to take 3 iron pills each day which constipate me. Got it rough, gals!!

0 Kudos
LouiseR

Hi All, Thanks for letting me join.  I was sick most of the weekend with a terrible cold.  Not sure how this works but I will weigh in on Sunday(?) I started today to drink 8 glasses of water a day.  I will keep checking in.

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

I just saw the water pledge....since I had water for lunch, and a ton of coffee between 6:30am and 10:30am, I'm going to have to count all that liquid! 

So, I pledge to drink 4 more glasses of water today and tomorrow I will drink 8.

Candy, maybe all this water will help the other problem.....just sayin' 🙂

Hi Louise, glad you could make it today! Explore all of the things we've been talking about.

Shawn, thank you for the substitutions! I'm going to make several changes and see if my husband can even tell the difference!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I started to count my tea and coffee. I drink green tea too.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

I think tea and coffee count but I'm going to (for me) count 8 glasses of water in addition to my water.

Did the water I pledged to do yesterday and I pledge again today to drink 8 glasses of water.     It's good, I just hate having to get up during the night.    Finished my last glass about 6 pm so think I will work on doing it earlier.

I pledge today that I will drink 8 glasses of water.    Flush it all out!!!

Sharon

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I made it yesterday withh 8 and doing it again! When i get up at night  to use bathroom, i guzzle down another cup. It's easy at work to get thirsty cause i am working up a sweat but i wonder if i should be drinking even more than the 8 or would it matter?

0 Kudos
renee101

I'm only on day 4 without cigs, and when I started this, I made the promise to myself that I would not replace every cig with sugar like I had done before, so 2 weeks prior to my quit date, i stopped eating  sugar, unless it came from a natural source. Honey, agave, dates, figs. fruit, etc. I am eating as clean as I can, nothing processed. Drinking a lot of water and tea. I get on the scale every morning just to keep things real. I have taken 2 lbs off since my quit date, and feeling amazed. Removed every thing unhealthy from my cupboards and replaced with healthy snacking food. I also start my day with warm lemon water, about 16 oz of this stuff really makes you feel full. Read the label on ever thing that enters your lips, if you cant pronounce half of the ingredients, you probably should not eat it in the first place.   I had a plan and Im doing great, so far so good. Feeling determined!!!                             

0 Kudos
ShawnP

That's great Renee! I wish i did that in the beginning of my quit although i didn't eat much. I was in starvation mode most of time and thats not good cause you end up gaining weight just like over eating. Doesn't that lemon in water boost your metabolism too?

0 Kudos
ShawnP

A friendly reminder 🙂

0 Kudos