cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

fran

Chantix and your mental status

You can do this!!! I am in my 12th week with the chantix and I am smoke free and I am ok. Infact I sat there today and watched my mom and some of her friends smoke up a storm infront of me and never had a craving. I was amazed I was waiting for it but it never came. There is a trick to it and I know what it is. You have to beleive it can work. Afer your first week on chantix the addiction is strictly mental not physical. Once you know that then you can move forward and work on the mental aspect. I didn't change behaviors or anything except "my way of thinking" thats the trick. If you are really ready to quit then you have to set your goals and recondition you mind to know that you and you alone can do this. You need not worry about what anyone around you is doing because it's not them you need to change. You need to focus in on your own goals and acheive them...even if you have to go hour to hour. If you want to know more I can help...
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
diana11

Hi
1st of all I love ur pic....It does fit here on this site. lol...what you say is true but when you smoke for so many years you have to really set your mind. I smoked for 29 years way more than 1/2 my life. this is like my 5th time trying to quit and it is the longest ive ever gone ( 6wks & 2 days) I think this time should be it. I really hope so. My boyfriend smokes around me and it doesnt bother me as of yet. I'm just taking things 1 day at a time, in the beginnng it was 1 minute at a time. And i still have that unsatisfied feeling. That is the worst of all of this....lol
Good Luck To All
Diana
0 Kudos