cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jessica17

Metroplex EX's

Hey Dallas/Ft.Worth EX's! Let's all meet here - so maybe we can someday meet for a great smoke free barbeque at the end of the summer - as long as no one burns the hamburgers, anyway!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
jessica17

I want to introduce myself. My name is Jessica. I live an hour north of Dallas, out in the country. I have been quit for 9 days. I have a two year old named Onica. There is no way I could have quit without this site! Check out my page to learn more! I have been quit for 1 Week, 1 Day, 12 hours, 12 minutes and 21 seconds (8 days). I have saved $34.02 by not smoking 170 cigarettes. I have saved 14 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/7/2008 9:48 PM
0 Kudos
wendy17

Hey, I too am a metroplex ex! Or should I say, soon to be ex. I haven't quit just yet but let me tell you, I am ready!
0 Kudos
toni6

I'm game! I live in Arlington, and I'm hopefully going to move to Valley Ranch (closer to work) soon. Gas prices are killing me! I figure once I quit and move, I'll be saving about $400-$500/month on gas and ciggies! WOO HOO!
0 Kudos
belinda2

I live in FT. Worth and my quit date is July1. I feel like I can do this but I let my nerves get the better of me every now and then. Trying to stay focused on the benefits I will get from not smoking.
0 Kudos
kurt

I live in Irving right by Las Colinas, I'd go to a BBQ for sure...who's doing the cooking?? =D

Quitting June 20th, 3 days until "Q" day!!
0 Kudos
kellie5

Hi! Just joined the site today and live in Dallas.
I've been tapering off since tuesday of this week (June 17th).
I was married on June 7th and made a promise to myself to quit after the wedding. I'm hoping this time I follow through. I'm using the patch which is actually working pretty well for me.

Just wanted to say hello.
0 Kudos
bex

Hello 🙂 I live near Denton. I have my quit date set for July 4th. I'm ready but nervous. If anyone in the area has kids maybe we could get together for a play date at a local park and leave the smokes at home.
0 Kudos
kurt

Hi Kellie and Bex!!

Still want to know who is coming over for the pool party and who is doing the cooking =D. Need a day set for it first I suppose.
0 Kudos