cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melissa9

Hey all

I really didn't want to write on here even tho I joined until I new I was done with smoking. I have been quit for 3 Months, 3 Days, (95 days). My Quit Date: 5/22/2008 8:00 PM I think I can say I am done now. I have had so many things happen in my life since I quit to tempt me to go back. Things that normally I would of smoked a few cigs to deal with. Cause I use to think that I couldn't deal with the bad things in life unless I smoked. Funny how we have ourselves brainwashed to believe all the junk we believe when we are smokers. And I always thought I controlled my life. HA
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
she

So happy for you Melissa. One more of us free from the horrible addiction that the tobacco companies hope we never can escape. Oh yes they say they want to help us quit....so why do they keep increasing the addictive ingredients in their products? Why do they continue to reward smokers with 'gifts' earned by buying more and more of the deadly product?

You should be so proud of yourself....you should get a t-shirt or something on your car shouting to the world that you are free. I bet you get lots of support and you may even inspire others. I would love to see a 'movement' in our society against the nasty cigarettes! Probably 'pie in the sky' thinking but hey..........you never know.

Congratulations! You have done the single most important thing you can do for yourself, your family. You are 3 months and 3 days....that is, in my opinion, a huge milestone. 3 days is hard....3 weeks is harder....3 months...that's SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos