EX Community

Already a member?

Forums

Page Actions

Share |

Latest Activity

Phyllis 7-12-2013 posted a comment on this blog post | Grand Canyon Surprises!
ok I have to admit it was well worth the wait ; ) HUGS
(6 minutes ago)

Ninepatch 7.27.2012 posted a comment on this blog post | eX smokers
817 days
(31 minutes ago)

RSS

Newbie!

Posted by Cinfull on December 31, 1969 at 1:36am in Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself

Send a message Add friend

Hello everyone...I hope I am putting this in the right place...anyways...I have made the decision to quit smoking...started taking zyban on Friday and have picked my quit date as the 21st....what better day to quit than the great American smokeout! Hoping I succeed!

Last updated 354 days ago by Cinfull

Hello and congrats on quitting! Today, I am 38 days smoke-free.  I am happy that I am.  I want to add: 

The 21st does seem like a great day, but don't let that be the deciding factor for you...the smokeout thing.  The fact is, the smokeout will be over on the 22nd and you'll be stuck, craving those cigarettes.

I've found it most helpful to realize you're a drug addict (nicotine).  That's all this is.  Nobody said it's easy to quit, but it is totally worth it.  You need to keep positive and fight to end the addiciton.  Know that you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

You will probably start to feel  nervous...your mind will be tricking you into saying you can't quit or don't need to the closer you get to your quit date.   Just know that all these thoughts are lies.  Your body was not made to consume foreign substances (the thousands of chemicals in cigarette smoke and tobacco), but you taught it to tolerate it.  Now, you must retrain your body and brain to live without it. 

Cigarettes are a pointless crutch.  They do nothing but harm you.

With that said, I wish nothing but the best for you.  Stay busy. Stay strong. NEVER give in!

iQuit 351 days ago

Quitting is tough, but you're not alone.

Re-learn support with the help of the active EX Community — all part of the EX Plan — a free, personalized online program to help you re-learn life without cigarettes.

Promo Body
Connect with EX