Log In to the EX Community
Already a member?
New Member Spotlight
The battle starts over in 16 days
My husband and I are ready to quit smoking but it has been an uphill battle as you all know. So in 16 days, I am going to start quitting again. I have gone from a pack a day to a half a pack a day. My bro lives with us and he is a smoker so I am not sure how to handle that situation. Any reccomendations on how to handle triggers would be extemely helpful and any feedback on the various methods of quitting is welcome to. Knowledge is power!!
Last updated 640 days ago by sharikomm
The date is 11/1/13 by the way.
sharikomm 640 days ago
Hi, I'm a high school student and I have a few questions I have to ask a current smoker. It would be great to have answers for the following:
1. How old were you when you smoked your first cigarette?
2. What was it like? (was it fun; did you cough; etc?)
3. Why did you begin to smoke?
4. How much did you smoke when you first started smoking?
5. How much do you smoke now?
6. How much do you spend on cigarettes every month?
7. If you didn't spend money on cigarettes, what would you spend it on?
8. Have you ever tried to quit smoking? If not, go to 9. If yes, answer 8a, 8b, and 8c.
8a. What did you do to try to quit?
8b. Did it work?
8c. How many times have you tried to quit?
9. Have you had any negative physical side effects from smoking?
10. What advice would you give to someone my age who was thinking about smoking?
I hope you do great in quitting!
Jacksonius 636 days ago
1. I was 16
2. It was stupid. I was angry with my parents and thought that I would show them. I don't remember coughing but I remember thinking that I would be able to quit.
3. I answered this question in the above comment.
4. Gosh I don't remember
5.I have recently cut down to 1/2 pack a day. I smoked about a pack a day for a long time.
6.I was spenging anywhere from $100 - $150 a month
7. I have no idea. Maybe I would put it in my savings, maybe bills, maybe clothes?
8. a time or two
8a. I have tried the comitz lozenge and e cigs
8c. a time or two
9, I feel like I don't sing as well, don't have the lung capacity I used to.
10. DON'T! It is not only expensive and a disgusting habit, it is no longer socially acceptable. People who smoke have a rechid smell no matter what they do. As I have been relearning my habits and not smoking as much I can smell stale smoke everywhere. Your medical insurance that you will someday have to pay for can be up to 50% higher than that of a non-smoker. It turns your teeth yellow and children that you love will some day see a cigarette as a part of you. It is SO HARD to quit! Please don't ever start, it is not ever going to be worth it, I promise.
sharikomm 635 days ago