Already a member?

Forums

Page Actions

Share |

Latest Activity

Jordan..Quit.11~1~12 posted a comment on this blog post | Nancy just called me
oh, thank God!
(31 minutes ago)

jonescarp aka dale (1-2007) updated a blog post titled Nancy just called me (44 minutes ago)

linda posted a comment on this blog post | scared to death
Yes... I understand.  I would be very afraid too... and was.. of what can and will happen if you do not stop smoking.   You can stop smoking... it is that simple.  No one is...
(48 minutes ago)

RSS

Day 3 as an ex

Posted by nummyk on December 31, 1969 at 3:08pm in Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself

Send a message Add friend

Hello all.I have been an ex smoker since Oct 26,2013. I have tried to quit many times before but this is the last time! I have made the decision that I can, want and need to never take another puff again. I came to the realization that I do not want, and maybe more importantly, I dont NEED cigarettes. When I stopped lying to myself and stopped pretending that all my exscuse were anything but just what they are, exscuses, I found freedom from nicotene addiction. It has been easy at times and hard at times, but I know I can do this. I have nothing to lose, only to gain. I celebrate every single craving I get through and keep a ticker on my phone so I can see all the cigarettes I have saved myself from smoking and all the money I have saved my family! Its amazing to me just how much I took from my family as a smoker. I didnt just take money from my family but I also lived my life around smoking. Im sure you all know exactly what I mean. We couldnt go on long road trips without having to stop so I could smoke, or dreading going anywhere that was non-smoking, movies, restaurants, anywhere. I have found freedom. A couple weeks of dicomfort for a lifetime of freedom???? Heck yeah baby! I stopped biting my nails last summer. This was something I had done since I was a little girl. I never thought I would stop. But I did! And I realized, if I could stop biting my nails than I could stop smoking cigarettes. I found the confidence, the support and the right reasons to finally put those cigarettes down for good. I wish you all luck and will take any advice you would like to share. 

Last updated 171 days ago by nummyk

AWESOME!!!  I wish I had advice but I recieved some encouragment from you.  Thank you and Congrats!!!

sharikomm 168 days ago

Quitting is tough, but you're not alone.

Re-learn support with the help of the active EX Community — all part of the EX Plan — a free, personalized online program to help you re-learn life without cigarettes.

Promo Body
Connect with EX