EX Community

Already a member?

Forums

Page Actions

Share |

Latest Activity

marilynhotgram posted a comment on this blog post | A Busy Day Planned
Yay for you John, you're doing absolutely fantastic ......
(just now)

cyn wrote a new blog post titled FREEDOM TRAIN!!!!
Good Morning fellow EXer's! The Freedom Train is on the tracks, and prepared to make it's daily run to Freedom from smoking! Everyone is invited to come aboard to celebrate their own personal...
(2 minutes ago)

marilynhotgram posted a comment on this blog post | Slips Are Premeditated
You are absolutely right, I know for myself ( I Don't do that anymore )
(4 minutes ago)

RSS

First Day, Any Tips??

Posted by Krissy on December 31, 1969 at 1:56am in Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself

Send a message Add friend

Hi, I'm Kris. This will be my first full day of not smoking, which is the reason why I joined this site. It's pretty cool so far, by the way.

My reason for quitting is because I'm a Christian, and it's not a good look. There's other reasons, but that's the most prevalent.

I am a student, and I have a very stressful job. I also volunteer frequently which I plan to keep doing in order to stay busy. There's a lot of room for error, but I don't want to fail.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I need all the support I can get and I will return the favor. :)

Last updated 528 days ago by Krissy

Hi, I'm Chris, I am 3 days in and smoke over 2 packs a day. Since here I have cut down to a bit under a pack. We are both newbies so welcome. Contact me any time. We can do this.  Good Luck, hope to hear from you soon.

christibro 527 days ago

Kris hang in there! :)

For me it worked to, first of all, not overstress about quitting, but just tell myself one day "I am not going to BUY cigarettes today".  I guess all we can do is take it day by day. Tried to keep myself busy with anything, just to keep my mind of cigarettes, and ate EVERYTHING in sight.  Just try to put off that trip to the gas station, or even if you bought a pack, try to put off that cigarette and not reach out for it right when the craving hits. 

You can do this. 

bojana83 525 days ago

I just joined and I am trying to quit. Any pointers 

halfpint 525 days ago

Me too and for the fifth time want to give up

Mona 523 days ago

Hi Chrsti and bojanna...

halfpint and Mona, join us on the blogs. That's where everyone hangs out!

Nyima 1.6.13 523 days ago

Quitting is tough, but you're not alone.

Re-learn support with the help of the active EX Community — all part of the EX Plan — a free, personalized online program to help you re-learn life without cigarettes.

Promo Body
Connect with EX