EX Community

Already a member?

Forums

Page Actions

Share |

Latest Activity

elims 09-14-13 posted a comment on this blog post | Still around
So happy to see you Larry. I am so glad you are still looking after the trail.
(2 hours ago)

elims 09-14-13 posted a comment on this blog post | day 274
Yay you! Keep on taking care of you! the new normal is healthier!
(2 hours ago)

Moody (9-18-13) posted a comment on this blog post | I saw this...and thought of you
Soul sister, Marilyn....you always make me smile. Thank you.
(3 hours ago)

RSS

201 days without one puff, three weeks no nicotine, help!!!!!

Posted by picaroon_corsair@yahoo.com on December 31, 1969 at 12:43am in Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself

Send a message Add friend

From the very last puff in Oct. 2012, I have used lozenges, started with 4mg and eventually went to 2mg. About three weeks ago, I just got tired of the lozenges and decided to make a go without them. I don't know if what I'm feeling is withdrawal or what, it's just an emptiness that I'm filling with food. I don't have any desire to smoke a cigarette, but I do want a lozenge. I went into the store to buy some the other day, but talked myself out of it at the last minute. I mean, all I wanted was one, but you've got to buy 72 or so. I will say this; my cravings pass pretty quick now and the triggers fewer as well. Sometimes I have this sense of well being that I can't ever remember having, I'm 50 and started smoking when I was 16. I actually get a little frightened by it, because I've got a lot to worry about, work, family, finances, you know, same stuff you worry about. With cigarettes, if I was smoking, my mind was racing through my worries as I smoked; otherwise I was doing stuff in-between smokes. I don't know if this is good or bad yet, but I'm starting to understand what relaxing is now. With cigs, all you are doing is relieving your withdrawal symptoms. I would have to say that I’m past physical withdrawal, to be honest; I don’t even know how much nicotine I was actually getting from the lozenges, especially the 2mg. With the 4’s it was noticeable, but not so much with the 2’s. Anyway, if someone has some insight, I would appreciate some help with learning how to live this new way.

Last updated 439 days ago by picaroon_corsair@yahoo.com

As a cold turkeyer on his 4th day of not smoking I have to applaud and congratulate you on your quit.  My best advice would be to get some candy and chew on it.  It sounds like your mind is craving the lozenge.  Replace it with some cheaper mints.  Good luck.

robertclark105 430 days ago

I am reaching for the small peppermint altoids, deep breathing, fresh air , drink a glass of water. Reminding myself the importance of A SMOKE FREE ME. Yes it's tough at times but stay in the fight for your life. OMG is able to keep us from falling.

Csondra11 427 days ago

Quitting is tough, but you're not alone.

Re-learn support with the help of the active EX Community — all part of the EX Plan — a free, personalized online program to help you re-learn life without cigarettes.

Promo Body
Connect with EX