EX Community

Already a member?

Forums

Page Actions

Share |

Latest Activity

jonescarp aka dale (1-2007) posted a comment on this blog post | Just new here. 18 days to quit and anxious about it
It's your call. I believe going through the same motions the same number of times a day isn't a clean break and my not suit the idea of unlearning smoking which I see as 90% of the...
(3 minutes ago)

John 10.16.14 posted a comment on this blog post | Update on what is left of my life
We have cats and theyre more like dogs the way they resond to us. About 15 years old they brother and sis. Thats gotta be the worse and so sad for you. There is no routine to be found so let it go...
(3 minutes ago)

Youngatheart (7.4.12) posted a comment on this blog post | Just new here. 18 days to quit and anxious about it
Welcome to our community!   I recommend you do the reading and you will be better prepared to make a decision about quit aids.  You are not informed enough yet!  I, however,...
(10 minutes ago)

RSS

I am brand new

Posted by michelle on December 31, 1969 at 12:32pm in Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself

Send a message Add friend

I am brand new to this site.  My quit date is June 1st.  I am ignoring my triggers right now and only allowing myself to smoke outside, without coffee, alone on my deck.  I am hoping this will get my trigger-fighting muscles in shape for June 1st.  Hoo-rah!

Last updated 563 days ago by michelle

Michelle

I think you are on the right track. I'm new too, and that is what I did for 2 wks before I bought any patches. I quit a day early because I ran out of smokes, and it was a choice to buy a pack or buy patches. But, I really really miss the cigarret I had on my front porch with my first cup of coffee. I'  am drinking my coffee though a straw now, and today I felt strong enough to sit on my porch and drink it. It felt good to do my normal routine, even though now I'm drinking with a straw. But, I'm not smoking. You can find substitutes too. Just use your imagination.

Xenon

xenon 551 days ago

Quitting is tough, but you're not alone.

Re-learn support with the help of the active EX Community — all part of the EX Plan — a free, personalized online program to help you re-learn life without cigarettes.

Promo Body
Connect with EX