cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

cindi

Evening Chantix Pill

I am smoke free one month tomorrow !!!!! Wahooooo !

Has anyone else at about the same point quit taking the night pill or cut it in half ?
I was having a hard time sleeping thru the night so I did not take it one night and have meant to take a half the last two nights but have forgotten all about it...any thoughts on that or am I gambling here....thinking I don't need it. Thanks.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Theresa11

Cindi, I'm only on my third day and it was working like a charm and now I can't sleep and when I do it's not restful very agitated. I don' t want to give up ,but I'm a nurse can't be impaired when I go to work from sleep deprivation. As a nurse I think you're in a good place after a month. Your body is already clean of nicotine and all the chemicals in a cig. Going to try taking benadryl to sleep and see if that works.
0 Kudos
cindi

Thanks for the response. I tried benadryl for about three nights ( as suggested by my Dr ) and it helped alot but for some reason after starting that I felt very lightheaded/ almost dizzy in the morning. So....I guess since so far so good I will stop both pills at night. If I find I have an increase in moments of thinking about wanting a cigarette...then i guess it's time to go back to the evening pill. Good luck with your quit and hope you resolve the sleeping problem soon.
0 Kudos
Theresa11

Thank you for your response. Feeling so tired today I was feeling like giving it up forever and just saying I'm smoker and forget this whole quitting thing that I was so happy about yesterday. I'm going to try benadryl and maybe xanax. Your support means so much to me and I don't really want to give up. Thank you and God Bless you and keep you on track too! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
cindi

Don't give up ! It gets better everyday !
Very strange. Day three was very hard for me too. I was so happy day one and two that I was actually quitting...and then day three i was REALLY down in the dumps...I even wrote something on here about that day....it was depressing day, feeling like Christmas was over or something...big deal I quit and no one cared. Anyway, the following day I was feeling good again. I think on day three I also fully realized that the cigarettes were NO LONGER a part of my day and the things I "used " to do were ....no more...like sit out on my patio....blah,blah and that was a scary thought knowing I would have to change my old habits over and above just quitting the smoking. BUT every day, every step has been completely worth it.
0 Kudos
cindy16

I cut down my morning pill to only half the dose. I get so sick to my stomach. Half pill works best during the day.
Cindy
0 Kudos
nancy41

Wow Cindi! Congrats on the month smokefree! That is really great! I started thinking that since I have been feeling pretty good about not smoking (24 days) that maybe I was ready to stop taking the evening one, but now I think the most drastic thing I'll do it cut it in half. I did miss my evening pill the other night (we ate so late that I forgot to take it )and I actually had a hard time falling asleep! Keep us posted on how you are doing!
0 Kudos
sylvie

Hello Cindi, hi everyone!
Congrats Cindi! one month, isn't that the most wonderfull feeling? oh yesssss!
I have stop the night pill for about 10 days now, and no problem, my pharmecist suggested i take one half in the morning and the other half in the evening, cause he was afraid for me, but i am doing just fine, it might not be fine for some people though....like Theresa said...after a month... Theresa, stick with it !!you are going through the worst of it now, you can do it!you will feel and smell sooooo good!! you will be soooo proud of youself, you will be walking all day long with a huge silly grind on your face!!::))) You might want to take your pill earlier, thats what i did in the second week ( i smoked on the first week) so, i would take it around 4 P.M., that helped.I don't nkow about benadryl, for me it is to strong, i take "good night teas", also i go for a walk before retiring for the nite.
Good luck all!!
0 Kudos
Theresa11

Thanks Syvie, I need all the support I can get. Hoping my body gets used the chantix so I can sleep better. thank you again.
0 Kudos
maria9

What ever works for you. I have a friend that all she needed was one month and has never touched a cig. again in 4 months. Me, I had to do 2 months but the last week cut out the evening pill all together and now I'm 2 weeks of no pills. I can say that I'm not going thru this hell again so SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION! Do what works for you but if you think you need it take it.
0 Kudos