cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwerner90

I’m ready!

I finally set a quit date for February 10th. I quit smoking cigarettes in 2021 and went straight to vaping. I feel like it is more addicting and have tried to quit a few times and failed miserably. The last time I lasted 3 hours before I caved. I’m scared but at the same time I need and want this. 

8 Replies
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @bwerner90 You've made the best decision you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definitely the best gift that you'll ever give yourself which is the GIFT OF LIFE! Please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's definitely not easy but it's absolutely worth it to be Free, stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can! 

biscuit9

It is an amazing feeling to be able to rid yourself of this addiction.  You have ample time to read and study and learn about nicotine addiction and how it traps us. I encourage you to take the time to pick and choose your quit tools.  They were essential in my quit.  I chose to journal alot and write out my feelings.  The tools will help you get through the craves and they will help you transition to the non smoking life you WANT.  I had a crochet project I would work on, walk the block, warm baths with good smells all around.  I watched every video on whyquit.com, I did anything and everything but smoke/vape.  Learn all that you can, it will help you.  Do a search on this site and read other peoples' stories.

bwerner90

Thank you so very much. I’m gonna need a lot of support the first few days and keep myself busy so I don’t cave in. I don’t want to cave in and fail myself. I’m done with this habit and I’ll do whatever it takes ! 

Sunshine1111

• This is where I am at as well. I did the same thing switching from cigarettes to vaping almost exactly the same time you did. My quit date it February 11 and I like you am ready.  It’s empowering to have a date in hand and know that WE are in control of this choice. 
bwerner90

Yes I completely agree. I’m not letting this control my life anymore and having to vape every few minutes. It’s bad for our health and I need better coping mechanisms. You can do this! I’m sooo ready ! 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @bwerner90! My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team.  I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! The community is very supportive so please reach out and let us know if you need anything. You may find our Daily Pledge page helpful to make a commitment not to smoke on a day-by-day basis. Posting there will also bring visibility to your journey to others who take the pledge daily. Please continue to reach out!

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team

February 10th is my quit date too! Tomorrow’s the big day! Luckily I have my husband also quitting so it’s nice to have an accountability buddy. Stay strong and know we’ve all got this!! 

bwerner90

Omg how awesome ! We got this !!! We are going to do great! 😊 

0 Kudos