cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tammy1166

I'm a new member here.

I'm new here at becomeanex. This will not be my first try at quitting to smoke. But hopefully my last. I was excited to see that someone had started in arts and crafts group on here! I love crafting! I do a little bit of everything I won't say that I'm good at all of it but some of it I do very well at. I like to paint things to hang on my front door for the seasons, I like to make wreaths that I haven't got The knack at making the Lacy frilly kind. I make some of mine out of clothespins and others out of jute. I also own a cricut that I love to use but still have so much to learn that I can do on it. I'm anxious to see the arts and crafts ideas that everyone has that occupies their time and keep some from smoking. I'm sure I'm going to love this group!

Tammy1166
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , glad you are here .  I hope you will show us some of your work if you feel comfortable doing so . Doing crafts will definitely help you with your smoking journey  I help my grandkids with kids crafts , actually they show me stuff now lol . 
I painted lighted Christmas villages for my kids during one of my quits and made Christmas wreathes for my kids , friends and neighbors that year too . For this quit I took up learning how to play the guitar and I just recently decided to try doing some watercolour painting ..I only did maybe a dozen paintings though and would love to try again maybe this winter . I hope more will come to this group . We had many in the past but it’s not as active now .. I will certainly join you . 

0 Kudos
Tammy1166

I would love to swap crafting ideas with you. I've listed mostly what I did in my previous post that I also do a little bit of art with colored pencils but my art skills aren't what they used to be. I will post some photos of some of my different things I've made later today. I'm stuck here in a cast from a foot and ankle surgery I just recently had and the room that some of my stuff is in is  midway between my home. Next time I am in there I will take some pictures of them for you.

Tammy1166
Tammy1166

I hope Chrome will cooperate with me now so I can post the other two pictures. I'll give it a shot. I have a lot of other items too but these four that I showed pictures of are some of my favorites some for sentimental reasons some just because I like the looks of them.IMG_20220824_130342025.jpg

IMG_20220824_130422778.jpg

Tammy1166
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will look forward to that . Sorry to hear about your ankle injury . Hopefully healing well and the cast will be off soon . 

0 Kudos
Tammy1166

Thank you for the healing wishes. Hopefully by next week I should be out of a cast and into a boot so I can walk again. Here are some of the things that I've done that you asked if I would share. They may not all be the greatest but hey as long as I like them I guess that is all that matters lol. Chrome keeps messing up on me. So in a little bit I'll send you the other two photos I'd like to share with you.

IMG_20220824_131052179.jpg

IMG_20220824_130530560.jpg

Tammy1166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my goodness they are beautiful .You are so gifted .

Just to let you know most folks post in the journal and blog area .I hope they come check out the work you do . It is visible to all , even in the blog area but because it’s in the arts and crafts group many tend not to look in . 

0 Kudos